M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There is something distasteful about requiring burned out hospital staff to treat people who could have avoided getting sick by simply getting vaccinated.

You can't fix stupid, but requiring everyone else to treat it and pay for it is annoying. It's a huge waste of resources.

>>>KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated.

Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes. . . .

While over 53% of all Americans have received at least one shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most southern and northern Missouri counties are well short of 40%. One county is at just 13%. . . .

These patients are also younger than earlier in the pandemic — 60% to 65% of those in the ICU over the weekend at Mercy were under 40, according to Frederick, who noted that younger adults are much less likely to be vaccinated — and some are pregnant.

He is hiring traveling nurses and respiratory therapists to help out his fatigued staff as the rest of the country tries to leave the pandemic behind.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is also not surprising, but almost all people dying from COVID now are unvaccinated.

>>>Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average. . . .

Ross Bagne, a 68-year-old small-business owner in Cheyenne, Wyoming, was eligible for the vaccine in early February but didn’t get it. He died June 4, infected and unvaccinated, after spending more than three weeks in the hospital, his lungs filling with fluid. He was unable to swallow because of a stroke.

“He never went out, so he didn’t think he would catch it,” said his grieving sister, Karen McKnight. She wondered: “Why take the risk of not getting vaccinated?” . . . “Why was the messaging in his state so unclear that he didn’t understand the importance of the vaccine? He was a very bright guy,” his sister said. “I wish he’d gotten the vaccine, and I’m sad he didn’t understand how it could prevent him from getting COVID.”<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This is also not surprising, but almost all people dying from COVID now are unvaccinated.

>>>Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average. . . .

Ross Bagne, a 68-year-old small-business owner in Cheyenne, Wyoming, was eligible for the vaccine in early February but didn’t get it. He died June 4, infected and unvaccinated, after spending more than three weeks in the hospital, his lungs filling with fluid. He was unable to swallow because of a stroke.

“He never went out, so he didn’t think he would catch it,” said his grieving sister, Karen McKnight. She wondered: “Why take the risk of not getting vaccinated?” . . . “Why was the messaging in his state so unclear that he didn’t understand the importance of the vaccine? He was a very bright guy,” his sister said. “I wish he’d gotten the vaccine, and I’m sad he didn’t understand how it could prevent him from getting COVID.”<<<

So very true. the unvax are playing a game of Russian roulette, its not how they get it but when they get it.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
False.

Everybody I know who hasn't or won't take it, to a man, thinks they're smarter than they are.

Fact. :)
Yeah, that quote got my attention, as did this "“Why was the messaging in his state so unclear that he didn’t understand the importance of the vaccine?" I'm not sure exactly what she meant by this, but she seems to be blaming the state government, which strikes me as being preposterous. A 68 year old who does not understand the importance of the vaccine is willfully ignorant.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm told Canadian / US border to open 7/5 to fully vaccinated individuals !

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm told Canadian / US border to open 7/5 to fully vaccinated individuals !
Wellll...not exactly:
Here's Everything We Know So Far About The Canada-US Border Reopening (msn.com)
What's happening on July 5?
From July 5 onwards, fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents will no longer have to quarantine for two weeks upon entering Canada.

They will also be exempt from the multi-day hotel stopover and the day-eight COVID-19 test.

This update doesn't apply to fully vaccinated Americans just yet.

It also doesn't change the non-essential travel ban at the border, meaning fully vaccinated Canadians are still unable to visit the U.S. for discretionary purposes.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the clarification, I got my info from a Canadian race car driver at Watkins Glen this past weekend
No problem. If we can keep up the pace in getting enough trackers...er, vaccines...into enough arms, the border restrictions will come down soon.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Here's hoping the study mentioned in this article is representative of larger society as 88% effective against symptomatic disease and 96% protective against hospitalization is quite good with regards to the Delta variant and pfizer vaccine.

More encouraging news related to the Moderna vaccine and variants:

Last edited:
Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
So very true. the unvax are playing a game of Russian roulette, its not how they get it but when they get it.
Wait in late 2020 nobody wanted to take the vaccine now the talkingheads spinning a different tale.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm curious what incident in North Korea triggered this:

“By neglecting important decisions of the party in its national emergency antivirus fight in preparations for a global health crisis, officials in charge have caused a grave incident that poses a huge crisis to the safety of the nation and its people,” the KCNA reported, according to South Korean news agency Yonhap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis