davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thats what I'm hearing as side effects on the second dose.
Day after my 2nd dose I woke up with some congestion and a little pressure in my chest. Fixed with a dose of decongestant cough syrup. Slight chills and a sore shoulder throughout the day. Then a medium grade headache that night. That was Thursday and all symptoms were gone Friday morning. So a little discomfort but nothing more. Get the shots when you can.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Day after my 2nd dose I woke up with some congestion and a little pressure in my chest. Fixed with a dose of decongestant cough syrup. Slight chills and a sore shoulder throughout the day. Then a medium grade headache that night. That was Thursday and all symptoms were gone Friday morning. So a little discomfort but nothing more. Get the shots when you can.
Thank you so much for the info. Already had my first, my second in 3/17

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Glad to read here that some people are getting the vaccine. My wife got her first shot (Pfizer) on Friday. It's so crazy getting an appointment for a shot around here that she could but I couldn't – all within a minute or less. I'm still too busy checking all the different web sites, trying to get my appointment.

My wife had what appears to be the standard symptoms after the first shot. Mild-to-moderate soreness at the injection site and in the general deltoid muscle area. She developed a mild headache and a general feeling of being not well, 'malaise'. No noticeable fever. She got her shot Friday at roughly noon, and those symptoms began Friday evening, were going away Saturday afternoon, and gone by that evening.

I went with my wife on Friday and got to see one of the three mass vaccination sites that Maryland now has up and running. It was in the parking lot of an amusement park, about 40 miles away from me. The other two are in Baltimore, in football stadium (Baltimore Ravens) parking lot, and inside a convention center. The place was loaded with large white drive-through tents, lots of Maryland National Guard soldiers, and thousands of orange road cones. It looked busy & chaotic, but we were in & out in under an hour. I didn't count the cars, but there were easily many hundreds, all working their way through 8 injection lanes in 4 tents.

When we went, there were a lot more cars & orange road cones than in this photo:
1614550365985.png

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Got my Moderna Dose #1 this morning.

So far feeling no side effects. But it is too early to tell.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Glad to hear there were no serious side effects.

As I understand it, many facilities have a "crash cart" with epinephrine, antihistamines, etc. ready just in case someone does have a serious allergic reaction.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Our Primary Care Physician is prat of a major hospital group. We received invitations via our Patient Portals. My in hospital time was over 30 minutes (1PM weekday) my wife's was over 45 minutes (8AM Saturday). Those include 15 minute observations.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Super Spreader season has started again in Florida. With lots of out of state people coming to Spring Break and permitted large indoor events.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the number of cases in India is starting to rise, especially in some areas. The news reports I've seen say it is unclear if the rise is due to variants.

The article below says that 7,684 mutations have been identified in India. Trying to identify which ones (if any) are contributing to the rise strikes me as being close to mission impossible (unless, perhaps, one or two really take off).

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Got my Moderna Dose #1 this morning.

So far feeling no side effects. But it is too early to tell.
EDIT: 24 hrs later.

Sore arm and that's about it. No headache, body aches, fever, etc.

It's that 2nd dose coming up that will probably hit me hard. Oh well, I'll get through it.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to hear there were no serious side effects.

As I understand it, many facilities have a "crash cart" with epinephrine, antihistamines, etc. ready just in case someone does have a serious allergic reaction.
WOW. No one in the post shot waiting area showed any signs of discomfort during my 1st or 2nd shot visits.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
WOW. No one in the post shot waiting area showed any signs of discomfort during my 1st or 2nd shot visits.
I think my post conveyed an unintended impression. I was trying to say that the odds of there being a problem are extremely low, but even if there is an adverse reaction they have the supplies right there to treat people if it does occur.

Allergic reactions to the COVID vaccines are extremely rare (see jama article below). As far as I can tell, every person who has had an adverse reaction to a COVID vaccine has recovered.

To put it in perspective, about 150-200 people die in the U.S every year due to food allergies. Getting the vaccine is probably safer than eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Although the odds of a reaction to the vaccine are EXTREMELY low, I'd still prefer to have the necessary items to treat it right there just in case. To me it's just another reason not to worry about it.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Biden says there will be enough vaccines for every adult by the end of May. The caveat is that it will be difficult to get all of them in people's arms that soon.

My knowledge of vaccine production is modest, but it appears that the J&J vaccine does not suffer from the same production bottlenecks as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

>>>“As a consequence of the stepped up process that I ordered, and just outlined, this country will have enough vaccine supply as a target for every adult in America by the end of May,” Mr. Biden said. “By the end of May. That’s progress. Important progress.”<<<

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Bootlicking at it’s finest!
The previous surgeon general is probably right. The UK elected early on to space vaccine doses by 90 days, and not follow manufacturers recommendation. Germany has now adopted the same policy.

Models show this is the fastest way to reduce deaths and hospitalizations. The AstraZeneca trial tested 30, 60 and 90 day spacing intervals, and the best immunity was a 90 day spacing. So the UK took the risk of applying the data to the Pfizer vaccine as well.

Over 30% of the UK has received at least one dose of one or other of those vaccines, mostly the AstraZeneca vaccine. The results have been spectacular, with mortality in the over 80 group down 70%, and over 65 by 65%. The results are exceeding the models.

You can see deaths are falling faster then the models are predicting. Also the more infectious and virulent UK variant is dominant in the UK now by a big margin.
As of Monday 96% if the UK population over 70 have received one dose. Hospitalizations are down 80%.

56% of the over 80s have a good antibody titers now. 25% of the UK population over 16 years of age now show antibodies. This is a combination of passed infection and vaccination.

This is excellent news for us here in the US also. I strongly believe we should also go to a 90 day vaccine spacing. We should also go ahead and approve the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine in the US and not delay approval to April or May. Clearly is is a highly effective and safe vaccine.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The previous surgeon general is probably right. The UK elected early on to space vaccine doses by 90 days, and not follow manufacturers recommendation. Germany has now adopted the same policy.

Models show this is the fastest way to reduce deaths and hospitalizations. The AstraZeneca trial tested 30, 60 and 90 day spacing intervals, and the best immunity was a 90 day spacing. So the UK took the risk of applying the data to the Pfizer vaccine as well.

Over 30% of the UK has received at least one dose of one or other of those vaccines, mostly the AstraZeneca vaccine. The results have been spectacular, with mortality in the over 80 group down 70%, and over 65 by 65%. The results are exceeding the models.

You can see deaths are falling faster then the models are predicting. Also the more infectious and virulent UK variant is dominant in the UK now by a big margin.
As of Monday 96% if the UK population over 70 have received one dose. Hospitalizations are down 80%.

56% of the over 80s have a good antibody titers now. 25% of the UK population over 16 years of age now show antibodies. This is a combination of passed infection and vaccination.

This is excellent news for us here in the US also. I strongly believe we should also go to a 90 day vaccine spacing. We should also go ahead and approve the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine in the US and not delay approval to April or May. Clearly is is a highly effective and safe vaccine.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
He stood silently while Trump spewed rhetoric that cost thousands of lives. He had a job to to and failed. His time to speak truth to power was when he was surgeon general...

I was being as nice as I could by stopping at bootlicker. If I see him in person I would say something much worse.

now we find out trump and his wife secretly got the vaccine. I am not surprised...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis