S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m not happy to hear all bars and restaurants are ordered by the governor to be closing here in WA state. I guess I’ll need to stock up on beer.

The stores have put limits on purchases of TP so it’s possible to buy it again. (At least at Safeway).

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I’m not happy to hear all bars and restaurants are ordered by the governor to be closing here in WA state. I guess I’ll need to stock up on beer.

The stores have put limits on purchases of TP so it’s possible to buy it again. (At least at Safeway).
Yes, we've had a tragedy here too. All the PA state liquor stores have been shut down by the governor till further notice. :p

And all the malls and restaurants, bars have closed down too, with 24 documented cases in Montgomery County, PA.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, we've had a tragedy here too. All the PA state liquor stores have shut down by the governor till further notice. :p
We have liquor sales at grocery stores in WA. Costco lobbied their butt off in WA state several years ago for that one. :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, we've had a tragedy here too. All the PA state liquor stores have been shut down by the governor till further notice. :p

And all the malls and restaurants, bars have closed down too, with 24 documented cases in Montgomery County, PA.
I do my best to not frequent PA State stores, living less than a half hour from the Delaware border and 'Total Wine' is a plus.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Can someone explain the logic behind recommending hand purifier that's 60% alcohol and banning the sale of liquor that may be 45% or higher?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Can someone explain the logic behind recommending hand purifier that's 60% alcohol and banning the sale of liquor that may be 45% or higher?
I would imagine it's to keep people from going out more than anything. Granted, people are stupid so...

The even dumber thing is people are buying sanitizer over soap. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

The best part: Government and business are trying to make sure people stay at home to stop the spread of infection. Limiting groups to under 50 or even less in some states. People are bombarding grocery stores in huge groups so they can...stay at home?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I do my best to not frequent PA State stores, living less than a half hour from the Delaware border and 'Total Wine' is a plus.
Best description I've ever heard about Pennsylvania was by James Carville, Clinton's campaign manager. Described it as the 'Alabama of the North'.

Couldn't stop laughing ... 'cause it was so true.

Overall it's not a bad place to live; no earthquakes or tornadoes of any consequence ... so that's a positive. :D

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Best description I've ever heard about Pennsylvania was by James Carville, Clinton's campaign manager. Described it as the 'Alabama of the North'.

Couldn't stop laughing ... 'cause it was so true.
They don't call it Pennsyltucky for nothing. Weirdest most backward state I ever lived in but I'm basically a Yankee. Where do I start. Lack of highway interchanges (Breezewood isn't the only one), buying beer at state owned drive throughs only by the case, no DMV (at least in my time) but multiple trips to AAA gas stations, state police barracks and the public library to get cars registered and a driver's license which was misspelled! It still had the best hospital I ever worked in (Presbyterian at Univ. of Pittsburgh).

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
They don't call it Pennsyltucky for nothing. Weirdest most backward state I ever lived in but I'm basically a Yankee. Where do I start. Lack of highway interchanges (Breezewood isn't the only one), buying beer at state owned drive throughs only by the case, no DMV (at least in my time) but multiple trips to AAA gas stations, state police barracks and the public library to get cars registered and a driver's license which was misspelled! It still had the best hospital I ever worked in (Presbyterian at Univ. of Pittsburgh).
for the record beer has NEVER been sold through State owned stores in Pa. That would be liquor and wine only. Beer was traditionally sold through privately owned beer distributors (by the case) and bars(by the six pack). Recently though we have come into the 20th Century and can buy beer and wine in our grocery stores !

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
We're slowly joining the 20th century; dedicated DMV's now, beer is sold in grocery stores as Mikado indicated, overhauling the main highways (plenty of pork from DC). Slow and steady.

Hospitals or medical care has never been an issue, some of the best in the country, besides the costs. Philadelphia boasts the Penn and Jefferson medical facilities/universities, who are constantly ranked in the Top 10.

And our beloved Eagles :p

What more could a man want?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
No winter.
With global warming, I should have beachfront property, oh I'd say in 20 years. :p

The winters anymore, or have been for the last 10 to 15 years, very mild. It was 71° last Saturday and snow storms are a rarity nowadays.

F

felipe

Audioholic
I would like to send my prayers and blessings to all those here on this forum that have been affected either directly or indirectly by the Coronavirus. In addition, I would like to thank our Commander in Chief Gene for sharing his direct experiences with this virus with us on this forum. From one fellow Floridian to another, I wish you a good speedy recovery :);) !!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I would imagine it's to keep people from going out more than anything. Granted, people are stupid so...

The even dumber thing is people are buying sanitizer over soap. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

The best part: Government and business are trying to make sure people stay at home to stop the spread of infection. Limiting groups to under 50 or even less in some states. People are bombarding grocery stores in huge groups so they can...stay at home?
Yes.

I suppose a group of 49 people would not spread the virus. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis