Coronavirus: When Would You Turn The Country Back On?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A friend of mine had older parents and he was the baby of the family. He told me his grandpa (who was already a parent during the depression) got furious at him once for not eating the bones of his chicken leg when he was little. Told his dad "that boy's wasting food". Crazy.
Ever hear of the Clean Plate Club? That was something parents would use to get their kids to eat their food, rather than waste it. They didn't have enough to eat and they were going to make sure their kids ate what they got.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I believe in an earlier post someone mentioned situations like this but didn't have links. here are a few examples of a people who are essentially complying with social distance. Meanwhile police are being told not to arrest people for minor crimes like theft but they come down hard on these situations?? makes no sense.

here's a few more.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When I Was young, we ate dirt and we were happy!

'You had dirt?'

SNL had some skits about this when Billy Crystal was a cast member- "When I was young, we wore cardboard boxes as shoes", with "You had feet?" as the response.
Was the SNL bit a ripoff of this?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I believe in an earlier post someone mentioned situations like this but didn't have links. here are a few examples of a people who are essentially complying with social distance. Meanwhile police are being told not to arrest people for minor crimes like theft but they come down hard on these situations?? makes no sense.

here's a few more.

agreed, the park incident with the father / daughter playing t-ball was nuts. I still believe the majority of law enforcement is credible but those idiots should be doing 'desk time' !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
looking forward to the day when a sense of normalcy will return so as to ride the next generation of Amtrak's Acela...........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Man I know I'm openly an advocate of trying to carefully reopen but this could be disastrous never wanted it to go like this

Just thought I should post this just saw it give you guys a heads up
ahhh, the operative word 'could', we shall see ! and on the west coast I though I read that SoCal is shut down till the end of August ?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
ahhh, the operative word 'could', we shall see ! and on the west coast I though I read that SoCal is shut down till the end of August ?
I haven't heard anything about SoCal I'll have to check it out

Yeah you make a good point let's stay optimistic

Just because they open doesn't mean everyone will come hopefully now that people are more educated about what they're up against they'll be smarter about it at least hopefully most will

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh hey I saw a badass article on avs forum yesterday about how this virus spreads and when places open up where you need to be more mindful I'm oversimplifying it but as far as I can tell it's really good I'll put it on here in the morning be good info to know as places try to reopen

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

here's a few more.

And people along the shoreline could hear the officer gasping "Donuts! I need donuts!".

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is the article I saw that really gives some good info on how this viruscseems to like to spread and if things reopen where to be mindful of risky situations

Thought it was pretty cool figured you guys should check it out

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Here is an article some of you may enjoy about 'Without A Vaccine, Herd Immunity Won't Save Us'
Article
That's a good read if I'm correct from what I'm reading just everywhere there is still a lot of debate among researchers about what immunity or herd immunity really is for COVID they still haven't figured out what it means yet for this virus

Good link good read thank you

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Open face palm

I give up I can't keep advocating for a smart reopening of the economy if this is how were going to do it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis