corner mount for full sized Center Channel

G

GUSTAVE AKSELROD

Audiophyte
HI guys. I'm new to the forum and think I have a problem that is both interesting and hopefully solvable.

I have a 65" flat panel TV which is curved so it doesn't have back VESA screws to mount it onto my old 3 in 1 TV stand vertical pole. Because of the layout of my basement floor plan the TV and old stand are placed caddy cornered to the walls completing a right angle triangle. The TV sits on the top glass shelf and hogs all the room for a top shelf center speaker. I have an option of using the middle shelf for my center channel but then my AV receiver and Blue-Ray player would have to sit on the lowest shelf, which to me is not ideal.
My thought was to utilize the air space immediately above the top TV edge to suspend the center channel which is 5.67” H x 26” W x 13.54” D and weighs ~29 pounds. My ceiling and walls are 3/8" drywall. I was thinking on having a corner shelf mounted using wall and ceiling mounted brackets.

Any ideas on existing products to solve this problem or custom built ideas?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Are you saying the TV is set up in a corner of the room, or that it’s catty-cornered somewhere down one wall?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

G

GUSTAVE AKSELROD

Audiophyte
the TV and stand is positioned facing the edge where the 2 walls join at a 90 degree angle. (the hypotenuse).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis