BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

My office's boardroom. 8am. Borrowed Canon 7D 28mm/1.8 prime. Processed in DxO 9. Clickthru for full res jpeg - 16 MP

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What was that you said about Man Card? :D

Cool photo looks like man's face:

Yahoo!
The result of that wave was the destruction of part of Isombard Kingdom Brunel's sea wall at Dawlish in Devon. That wall has survived since 1847.

There have been worsening floods in the south of England for 6 weeks and the situation is now dire. The worst is on the Somerset levels. Most of the levels have been under water for over 6 weeks and the water is till coming up. Parts have been under water for 10 months.

My brother is leader of the Kent County council. He is worked off his feet. The county town of Maidstone is expected to go under for the second time in six weeks from the River Medway. Yalding is about to go under for the fourth time. Canterbury is flooding also. There are severe problems on the Stour and its tributaries. In fact there are widespread flood disasters all round London. Unfortunately damage is occurring to historic areas and buildings that have never flooded in hundreds of years. Historic Old Windsor is under water tonight.

There is widespread coastal damage, especially in Devon and Cornwall. Now the historic cliffs of Dover are suffering significant damage, especially at Broadstairs and Folkstone.

Take a look at this BBC UK flood page and browse the videos.

This is an unfolding tragedy of epic proportions.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experiments with close up tool photography

I've been doing a lot of tool photos lately. This one I took wide-angle of a billion screws we fastened as part of a run-time test.

The full 12V impact driver review is here if anyone is interested. It's always interesting to try and make tools and stuff like this look good. I'll take any suggestions anyone has.

Attachments

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet, my Dad has that Milwaukee impact driver. Good to know he got a good one.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Clint, Nice photo.... Your G+ page says you have parted ways with Audioholics??

Clint, Nice photo.... Your G+ page says you have parted ways with Audioholics??
Not really, but I've always had a lot of irons in the fire and some of them have gotten rather hot. I'm still working with video reviews and doing other things here and there to be helpful. I've certainly stepped back from the Editor-in-Chief role. I think overall, Audioholics is moving in some dramatically new directions, and it will be exciting to see what happens next!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Good to have you around Clint... and best of luck with your new endeavor - Hey , I like big tools and i cannot lie ;):D

Btw: I got bokeh envy and went ahead and gifted meself new glass - Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G - cheap and cheerful :)

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic

Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum.

Shot this in 2003 while testing a Nikon 35mm digital camera.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum.

Shot this in 2003 while testing a Nikon 35mm digital camera.

Nice shot. And nice shooter :) I looked at one of those to replace our Victoria Police model .38SPL S&W :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis