Considering changing out to an older Infinity IL40, IL25c, IL100s system. Mistake?

S

StrawHatRonin

Audiophyte
Greetings. First time poster here. I'm a home theater novice so thought I would come here where the experts reside:). Thinking about making some changes to my current setup and looking for advice if it's a good decision. Overall sonic upgrade is the objective on a ~$300 budget (tough I know). Here's the current setup:
  • Irregular shaped room with an approximate volume of 3500 cubic feet
  • HT usage is 70% games, 20% movies and 10% music. Listen at moderate to moderately loud levels.
  • Receiver is a Onkyo TX-NR7100.
  • 5.1 config with side surrounds.
  • There are some space issues. Rear speaker placement isn't an option due to an adjoined kitchen and hallway. Also, using a bookshelf for center isn't an option.
  • L/R = Klipsch Icon KF-28 Floor Standers
  • Center = Def Tech CS-8040HD
  • Side Surrounds = Kef Q300 (will remain as is)
  • Subwoofers = RSL 12S, Bic America H-100ii (12") & Klipsch R-12SW
Thinking about swapping out the Klipschs and Def Tech with Infinity IL-40 floor standers and the IL25c center. Can get a great deal on the Infinity's locally and they look to be in excellent condition. The IL100s 10" sub would be an add and would go on the left side wall. The Klipsch sub would go on the right wall with the Bic and R12S in the left and right corners. I've read that it's not good to have multiple brand/size subs but it's what I've ended up with over time so going to give it a shot.

Is the Infinity swap out an upgrade or should the money be spent elsewhere? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis