Considering a new AVR

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope, and we know our hearing is not perfect and is getting worse as we age.
I thought that all the audiophiles have a good hearing, but my perception has been completely wrong about them, or perhaps there are some exceptions like the one quoting my posts.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Some of them have better than 20/10 eyesight.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I thought this thread was about AVRs. Now some ragamuffin is going on about an octopus! Where are my reading glasses?!!o_O

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I thought that all the audiophiles have a good hearing, but my perception has been completely wrong about them, or perhaps there are some exceptions like the one quoting my posts.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I think it is a better statement that most audiophiles are convinced that they have good hearing.
However, regardless of how good your hearing may be, the more salient point is how immune are you to the normal nature of "being human"?
...because our emotions and expectations (and vision if available) influence our perceptions so much more than the reality of the experience!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
............... Sell a s#%t load of a good product and you'll make a s#t load of parts for them. It's been awhile, but before I moved on from cars you could still get brand new OEM parts for an 80's Volvo 240. Try finding new parts for a f#%kin' Fiero. :eek:
This thread has already been derailed, so I don't mind posting this:

That 1980 245DL has over a half million kilometers on it and is still in operating condition.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This thread has already been derailed, so I don't mind posting this:

That 1980 245DL has over a half million kilometers on it and is still in operating condition.
Volvo Cars went more or less bankrupt during the Lesser Depression and have Chinese majority ownership since then. Volvo Trucks, though, is a separate company with more Western ownership, so to speak.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
This bunch of riffraff keep talkin' about octopuses and volvas. I just want to pick a hifi for cryin' Pete!:eek:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This bunch of riffraff keep talkin' about octopuses and volvas. I just want to pick a hifi for cryin' Pete!:eek:
It's just a reflection of how your mind works :p

Volvo, the company, is (more or less) Latin for "I roll". I'm sure you'll find something nefarious about that as well :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nope, I'll leave it alone. My 1984 Volvo wagon was my favorite car to this day. My friends called it the silver bullet. I always kept it shiny.:)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's good to hear your observations & experience. The 3600 is beginning to look like a good solution for me as well.

LOL about that Denon terminology :rolleyes:. Denon's owner's manuals were probably written by Japanese engineers who knew little or no English. The Japanese I've worked with all were good scientists, but spoke & wrote English in a strange way. I don't know Japanese grammar, but they began a sentence with the middle of an idea, and then went out in both directions. I had to think/listen very hard just to understand them. Once written these manuals were shipped to someplace like Singapore for translation to English by guys who knew nothing about AVRs. In contrast, the Yamaha manuals I've seen were written in good English.
I'm pretty certain that my center and rear speakers can be driven by 105 watts. I had a much older Denon AVR that produced 70 wpc, and it drove those speakers fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis