Connecting Sennheiser RS 175 RF Headphone to A/V Receiver with Audio Extractor

V

viperrcr

Audiophyte
My home theater centers around my Yamaha RX-A1050 A/V receiver.

All of my HDMI devices are connected to my receiver and output via HDMI/ARC Output of the receiver to my Samsung Q65F 4K UHD TV HDMI/ARC Input.

If I hook up a Sennheiser RS 175 RF (radio frequency) wireless headphone transmitter between my HDMI/ARC Out of my A/V receiver with a "HDMI/ARC 4K/60Hz
supported audio extractor switch with optical output" connected inline with the optical input of the headphone transmitter and the pass-though from the extractor to the TV would this work?

Would this work when streaming backwards from Netflix from my TV back through the receiver with the headphones and would I be able to mute my speaker

system so I do not disturb others while listening through the wireless headsets that are connected to that optical connector from the audio extractor?

I do realize that I can use the headphone jack of my receiver with 3.5mm connection directly to the transmitter, but I would prefer digital optical if possible.

Note: This is the HDMI audio extractor switch I am considering on Amazon if this helps (not sure if I can post a link or not):
Avedio links 4K HDMI Audio Extractor, HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink SPDIF + 3.5mm AUX Stereo Audio Out, HDMI Audio Converter Adapter Splitter Support 4K@60Hz Full HD 1080P 3D

Thank you for any help!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis