connecting a sub woofer to a sound bar ??

W

WhiskeyDaddy

Audiophyte
I HAVE A Samsung HW-Q60R sound bar setup as my home theater and have a Miller & Kreisel Mk Mx-70b Subwoofer I would like to connect to my sound bar for more of a thumb ( I know its not enough watts ) but still hoping for a little more bump. Is it possible ?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
It’s possible if the soundbar has an RCA output jack for a subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

W

WhiskeyDaddy

Audiophyte
It’s possible if the soundbar has an RCA output jack for a subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
It doesn't thats why im asking just bought a new tv and the samsung sound bar with wireless subwoofer from best buy and now want to add a another sub woofer and disappointed i didn't think of looking for rca or sub woofer jack. any other ways I can do this?

can I tap the subwoofer into digital optical some how if i have the sound bar to my tv via digital optical ?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry, but there is no other way to connect the subwoofer.

I’m sure there are optical to analog converters that could get a signal to the sub, but the optical out will probably be a fixed level signal that won’t respond to the soundbar’s volume control, and probably not the TV’s remote control either.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of flexibility one gives up when opting for the convenience of a soundbar. Soundbars are typically closed systems that don’t allow add-ons like this.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe see if you can separately source the same subwoofer intended for that system so it can share the wireless transmission. That's probably all you can do as far as far as subwoofage goes....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis