Connecting a Krell s300i to AVR from Marantz

C

Canoa70

Audiophyte
Hi,

Î own an AVR Marantz 8015 and a Krell S300I i've got connected to Focal Electra 927 Be front speakers i would like to use my krell to power the front speakers for stereo i know i can use the preout outputs on the AVR for that the thing is i also have a pair of SVS SB-1000 pro subwoofers connected how i can i connect so that i for stereo use the subwoofers with the main speakers but using only the krell?

Something like this;
Stereo:
Krell+Focal+SVS
HT
AVR+Krell+Focal+SVS

Best regards,
Paulo M.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi,

Î own an AVR Marantz 8015 and a Krell S300I i've got connected to Focal Electra 927 Be front speakers i would like to use my krell to power the front speakers for stereo i know i can use the preout outputs on the AVR for that the thing is i also have a pair of SVS SB-1000 pro subwoofers connected how i can i connect so that i for stereo use the subwoofers with the main speakers but using only the krell?

Something like this;
Stereo:
Krell+Focal+SVS
HT
AVR+Krell+Focal+SVS

Best regards,
Paulo M.
Unless I missed something, the S300i does not have HT bypass so if you use it with the Marantz pre out you cannot bypass the Krell's preamp/volume control. If you really want to do it, It can be done using both volume controls but I don't see any gain doing it that way. For 2.1, the Marantz itself would has tons of output, the Krell may give you an extra dB (but not more than that) of headroom for low impedance speakers.

The subwoofers can be connected to the SR8015's subwoofer outputs and they can be on even in direct/pure direct mode.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,

Something like this;
Stereo:
Krell+Focal+SVS
HT
AVR+Krell+Focal+SVS

Best regards,
Paulo M.
Honestly, integrated amps like that Krell have no place at all in an AV system like yours. Integrated amps are only to be used in audio only systems.

Doing what you are doing by stacking preamps is a downgrade.

What you need is a power amp and not that integrated amp. Sell it on eBay or Audiogon, and get yourself a power amp. The unit you have is doing you no good at all, in fact it is a detriment.

C

Canoa70

Audiophyte
I tought i'd use it because it supposed i think to be better sounding than the marantz, i also own a Parasound A51 i think i'll use to power 5 channels and the marantz for SB e Atmos i guess that's the way.
Thanks for you toughts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis