Complete 11.2 (Klipsch) set up. Tips!

D

Droogne

Junior Audioholic
Hey

As the title states I am planning on building a complete 11.2 system, and as it is quite the challenge (and thrill!) I was wondering if I could get your opinions on some things.

I am currently rocking a simple 5.1 set up in a small room and I am going to move this summer, which is why I want to upgrade. The set up consists of a pair of decent bookshelf speakers (Q Acoustics 3020), a Klipsch centre speaker (RP-450C) and subwoofer (R12-SW). The surround is completed by 2 Kenwood speaker I once bought in a second hand store (which is why I have no idea what the model or specs are).
It is all driven by a Denon X520BT 5.2 receiver.

The room I am gonna move into is around 5x5m big (with another room similar to this seize connected on the side) and I cannot suspend my speaker on the wall (or insert them in it). My budget is around 3100 and I'm only planning on keeping the the Q Acoustics and the sub. For front speakers I have already found a second hand pair of Klipsch Forte II (180euro) so I still got 3200 left to use on the other 8 speakers, the receiver and an extra sub. The plan I have at the moment is

Receiver: Marantz SR7011 OR Denon AVR-X4300H (both 1050 euro)

FF: Klipsch Forte II (180 euro)

C: Klipsch RC-64C (920 euro)

Height: x4 Klipsch 140SA (220x2=440 euro)

SS: Klipsch 250S (230x2=460 euro)

SR: Acoustics 3020

S1: Klipsch R12SW

S2: Klipsch R115SW (650 euro)

=2650

My primairy question is:

Where can I improve the most? I still got a few hundred euros I still want to spend on this, and can I get better for the same price? I have already seen a decent centre channel speaker from Kef Q series (Q600c for 600euro) which also has really nice specs (even better in some aspects, but I am not sure if that necessarly translates in a better sound) that is cheaper, and I am wondering if there any better subs out there for that price. etcc

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis