Comparing Subwoofers

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep at the end of the day, we're all at the mercy of our listening spaces.

I heard a system several years ago...Five..B&W 805s with four 15" subs...amazing multi-channel music, but 2.1 it was awesome as well.

I'm kind of out of the hifi equipment purchases for a while, but I could see adding a 3rd near field sub behind the main seating in the future.
I've been happy with the system for a while now and haven't picked up anything for it in a while. I just picked up the Oppo 205 that I wasn't planning on buying and still have the 105. Only thing I MIGHT do is order the matching center for my CAOW1s so I can use them and move the Carnegies to a second system :)

If the Empire dies, I will likely pick up a Rythmik.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been happy with the system for a while now and haven't picked up anything for it in a while. I just picked up the Oppo 205 that I wasn't planning on buying and still have the 105. Only thing I MIGHT do is order the matching center for my CAOW1s so I can use them and move the Carnegies to a second system :)

If the Empire dies, I will likely pick up a Rythmik.
I really did enjoy my new HT/audio system build, but I'm not that guy...not a novice, but I've learned far more here than I knew already. My passion is the music. This system replaced a 20 yr old one...overkill by design in some phases, but this could very well be my last build...I've been buying mostly SACDs...I think they will eventually go away in a few years as more presses shut down and pricing will be crazy on some stuff....you could make a nice return on your 205 if you sold it now...lol

You mentioned something on the CC...I labored on foregoing the CC in lieu of the Song Encores and Jim Salk talked me off that ledge...even though the wife doesn't come up to the loft much (which is fine...I like having my own little studio apt...lol) I'm glad I got the CC...never had a matching CC before, and now I see some benefit.

I've yet to move the B&Ws to the rear to see if an upgrade speaker matters, but I'll get to it at some point and make a call on a pair of Phils for the rear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis