Come On, All You "Unfortunate Souls" That Must "Suffer" with a 50" or Less TV...

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The reason I've not upgraded yet is I'm suppose to move in the next 2 months and don't want to take a chance of the movers breaking anything. Now once I get into the new place I'll be buying a 58" as that's the largest I can find for under $2000.
FYI you might be able to get a 65S2 panny for under 2k soon, as the new models come out

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
FYI you might be able to get a 65S2 panny for under 2k soon, as the new models come out
I would love to, but since I'm in South Korea that won't happen. The biggest the BX carrries is the 58S2 for $1500.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
The reason I've not upgraded yet is I'm suppose to move in the next 2 months and don't want to take a chance of the movers breaking anything. Now once I get into the new place I'll be buying a 58" as that's the largest I can find for under $2000.
A 58" is the maximum our wall unit will hold as well -- but I really wanna get a 60 in there. The problem, beyond budget and the size constraints, is that I don't think there will be a massive leap in dramatic difference between our 50 now and a 58...:rolleyes:

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
It was ~520$ around a year ago, Sanyo DP42849. It's really nice for what it cost at the time even if it's only 60 hz. The menu is very limited but between it and the fact that I use it mostly via my PC's HDMI (Loads of color/etc control) I've been able to get the colors pretty accurate and it hasn't gave me any problems.

Worst case is it'll become a secondary TV if I can ever get a income that isn't peanuts.
Oh, well, I suppose in the TV market -- with its ridiculously inflated price points -- $520 can be considered very affordable; I don't run any TV via a PC so I cannot comment on that connection.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
A 58" is the maximum our wall unit will hold as well -- but I really wanna get a 60 in there. The problem, beyond budget and the size constraints, is that I don't think there will be a massive leap in dramatic difference between our 50 now and a 58...:rolleyes:
Although it doesn't seem like it would be, it is. Maybe not as large is you would like but a big difference. I went from the reverse of that for improved PQ a few years back and while I couldn't have been happier overall, I missed the size. When I went to 60" it was so much better than 50". If pioneer made anything larger I would have gotten it.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Although it doesn't seem like it would be, it is. Maybe not as large is you would like but a big difference. I went from the reverse of that for improved PQ a few years back and while I couldn't have been happier overall, I missed the size. When I went to 60" it was so much better than 50". If pioneer made anything larger I would have gotten it.
Thanks band...I'd like to continue discussing this with you, as I don't think I am going to have a choice in terms of upgrade size -- are you certain we'll see a difference between the 50 and 58?

Aside from that -- what did you mean when you said you went "the reverse of that"?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what you're saying here; you mentioned those prices in response to my reply of band's suggestion being too much money -- but now you're agreeing that it is indeed a lot?

Your display isn't 1080p? Are you running a TV or front projector?

What I would really like to do is get the screen that drops down in front of our wall unit/TV for serious film viewing; but that would involve motorized components and such, and I just can't justify it.
I was agreeing that $1000 isn't chump change and is out of some people's budget. But $ for $ FP gives you the most bang for the buck.
It's 720p. When I bought it, 1080p's were $10,000.
My projector is my TV.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis