Cleaning plasma without taking it apart?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I couldn’t sweep the dust build up on the fans w/Dyson. The only thing is I don’t have any clue how much this plasma tv has been watched it was used and how long it should last? Panasonic plasma 42” 1080p.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Is there any remedy for this or is it not a problem? o_O
I’ll try and get pics

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It's not a huge deal, but I took apart my Samsung plasma, and it was just a bunch of screws on the back which held the back cover in place. Took about ten minutes or so to remove all of them (carefully) and ten minutes or so to put them all back on. Once the screws were out, the entire back panel came off, exposing the electronics and such underneath. Allowed me to fully clean the TV without any issue.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I paid a TV service tech $75 to go through my Pany Plasma a few years ago. Amazing how much dust is inside the casing, wow!. And while he was at the home, he ran a color calibration on the set.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It's not a huge deal, but I took apart my Samsung plasma, and it was just a bunch of screws on the back which held the back cover in place. Took about ten minutes or so to remove all of them (carefully) and ten minutes or so to put them all back on. Once the screws were out, the entire back panel came off, exposing the electronics and such underneath. Allowed me to fully clean the TV without any issue.
What do you clean it with a sweeper or a towel ? Etc..
I paid a TV service tech $75 to go through my Pany Plasma a few years ago. Amazing how much dust is inside the casing, wow!. And while he was at the home, he ran a color calibration on the set.
wish I had the money to pay someone but then I’d have to carry the 70 pound tv off, I can’t afford it.:(

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What do you clean it with a sweeper or a towel ? Etc..
I think I used a vacuum on the more sensitive internal electronics. Then I used a damp (not wet!) paper towel to get dust off of internal solid surfaces, like the inside of the cover, which was covered.
I did not wipe the damp paper towel across any internal electronics and the vacuum did a fairly good job of cleaning things up as they were not terribly dusty.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis