Class D and Me Too!... The Hypex Path

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Mostly joking, @Swerd . :)
I would really need to lick these the second I had them in my possession to likely have any chance of contracting something, and that is assuming that the person packing my order had an active Covy infection (infestation?) and pre-likewise licked them before shipping.

I'm not gonna lie... have wondered from time to time if you can get sick from those packaged air pouches Amazon sends with everything...
1648664084300.png

(Mwa-ha-ha... now lets see whose neurosis I trigger with that statement... *grins maniacally)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just got an alert that FedEx has delayed my package... still in Shanghai. They are supposed to "tell me something" at 1pm today.
Huh?
Ima guess for them: They picked up my package and everything was cool, but the FedEx facility in Shanghai is now in the part of the city under lockdown, OR the Chinese Government is not allowing shipping from Shanghai while they are pursuing their zero-covid policy.
I suspect the prior. in which case it will be another 3-4 days as the Shanghai lockdowns work their way through to completion.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just got an alert that FedEx has delayed my package... still in Shanghai. They are supposed to "tell me something" at 1pm today.
Huh?
Ima guess for them: They picked up my package and everything was cool, but the FedEx facility in Shanghai is now in the part of the city under lockdown, OR the Chinese Government is not allowing shipping from Shanghai while they are pursuing their zero-covid policy.
I suspect the prior. in which case it will be another 3-4 days as the Shanghai lockdowns work their way through to completion.
No report from FedEx…
But there is this:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I still haven't seen much in the way of Sunny, Rosy news out of Shanghai.

Except for one thing...

My Chassis have left the country! FedEx took the Big Red Exclamation Mark Of Doom off my app... It still says Delivery: Pending, but when I looked this morning I saw the words "International shipment release - Export."

They are now in Osaka at the Sennan-Shi FedEx facility (Japan) :)

Who knows... they might sit there for another week, but they are out of Shanghai!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
After some research and conversation, I think I learned how to install a Trigger which will allow the HypexSMPS to enter standby mode.
I bought some Panel Mount 3.5mm TS Sockets on Amazon which are all that should be necessary. I will have to drill the Chassis to install, but I should be able to run wiring to each SMPS unit in the Chassis, connect to 2 specific Pins, and I won't have to worry about manually switching these.
:)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Shipping progress: Memphis, TN.

Ok, now I’m starting to get a little excited. :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Shipping progress: Memphis, TN.

Ok, now I’m starting to get a little excited. :)
From Osaka all the way to Memphis? Fed-Ex claims to be fast, but how did they bypass California altogether?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
After some research and conversation, I think I learned how to install a Trigger which will allow the HypexSMPS to enter standby mode.
I bought some Panel Mount 3.5mm TS Sockets on Amazon which are all that should be necessary. I will have to drill the Chassis to install, but I should be able to run wiring to each SMPS unit in the Chassis, connect to 2 specific Pins, and I won't have to worry about manually switching these.
:)
As you do that, please give us details and links.

A similar topic recently appeared here. Frank Van Alstine suggested buying one of those remote controlled switched outlet extension cords commonly used for Christmas decorations.

Someone else on that thread suggested this: Globe Electric 50020 Collection Smart Plug, White
Download a free app and control it from a smart phone.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
From Osaka all the way to Memphis? Fed-Ex claims to be fast, but how did they bypass California altogether?
I'm more surprised that they shipped to the middle of the US than anything?
It seems Memphis is their main import hub as best I can tell. I saw several items about packages stuck there in customs... (I did a search on "Internalional Shipment Release - Import," which is what now shown on my App. If the Interwebs is to be believed, it has cleared US Customs #fingers crossed and will hopefully be on its way back across the country post haste.
It was supposed to be in my possession on Monday, prior to the near full week lockdown it experienced in Shanghai.
I'm not really upset about the delay... more amused as it's taken me so long to order these things in the first place. ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm more surprised that they shipped to the middle of the US than anything?
It seems Memphis is their main import hub as best I can tell. I saw several items about packages stuck there in customs... (I did a search on "Internalional Shipment Release - Import," which is what now shown on my App. If the Interwebs is to be believed, it has cleared US Customs #fingers crossed and will hopefully be on its way back across the country post haste.
It was supposed to be in my possession on Monday, prior to the near full week lockdown it experienced in Shanghai.
I'm not really upset about the delay... more amused as it's taken me so long to order these things in the first place. ;)
After all that waiting & delay, inactivating all those Chinese viruses by sanitizing it in your dishwasher will hardly take any extra time at all!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As you do that, please give us details and links.

A similar topic recently appeared here. Frank Van Alstine suggested buying one of those remote controlled switched outlet extension cords commonly used for Christmas decorations.

Someone else on that thread suggested this: Globe Electric 50020 Collection Smart Plug, White
Download a free app and control it from a smart phone.
The SMPS has the standby mode, stock. It is listed in Hypex's information sheet and everything. I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to get more attention.
Several folk over at ASR have commented about not doing a hard power disruption everytime I saw mention of a "Smart Power Strip" or similar devices.
Apparently anything from a 3-12v signal will tell the SMPS to switch to standby.
6.1 SMPS Stand-by
Applying an external DC voltage to this input will put the SMPS in standby. Both main and auxiliary output
voltages will drop gradually. Removing the standby voltage will result in a normal soft-start of the SMPS600.
Putting the SMPS in standby also automatically releases the Amp Enable line, guarantying pop-free shut down
of the connected UcD/NCore Amplifier.
These are the sockets I bought:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I tried to find a really expensive gold one for ya but came up empty. :cool: Probably stating the obvious but make sure one side is ok to connect to chassis ground or you'll need some insulators.
Ha.
The only question not answered in the Info Sheet is whether I need to run the ground or aux out back to the trigger.
I figured I would need to polish off the finish where the socket and the plate connect to make certain it is grounded.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Ha.
The only question not answered in the Info Sheet is whether I need to run the ground or aux out back to the trigger.
I figured I would need to polish off the finish where the socket and the plate connect to make certain it is grounded.
Just on the inside should be enough. The teeth on a locking washer can pierce the finish as well. Should not be much current on that line.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Hey Buddy! How you been? I've had you in my mind as I hadn't seen you show up for a minute. :)
Doing good. I’ve pretty much exited from audio, but get a surprising amount of pms still from guys asking questions. Makes my heart warm.

I started doing HPDEs as a pastime which has been a lot of fun. I’ll be at Sonoma Raceway today drag racing.

How about you?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Doing good. I’ve pretty much exited from audio, but get a surprising amount of pms still from guys asking questions. Makes my heart warm.

I started doing HPDEs as a pastime which has been a lot of fun. I’ll be at Sonoma Raceway today drag racing.

How about you?
Freelance and trying to stay sane! ;) Good to see you pop in, amigo!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Arrived in Oakland, and already on the way to the local hub here in Wne Country.

I wish I knew about the trigger thing when I placed my order for the chassis. I cannot find JST EH connectors available anywhere. Amazon sells tons of XH kits, but those are wider if I understand what I read correctly (same pin pitch, but the EH is slimmer).

I’m checking with Hypex to confirm connections (and if I need to run a negative or ground back to the TS socket).

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Arrived in Oakland, and already on the way to the local hub here in Wne Country.

I wish I knew about the trigger thing when I placed my order for the chassis. I cannot find JST EH connectors available anywhere. Amazon sells tons of XH kits, but those are wider if I understand what I read correctly (same pin pitch, but the EH is slimmer).

I’m checking with Hypex to confirm connections (and if I need to run a negative or ground back to the TS socket).
Did you check with Mouser and Digi-Key? Digi-Key carry JST connectors:

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis