Clarification needed regarding amps with DACs vs amps or DACs

M

motorjon68

Audiophyte
I’ve googled until my finger is bruised! I have a nice system for my room. There are times when I need to be quiet. I’d like to listen to my iPhone XR. I realize it’s a limitation.
Does the XR have a DAC given the lack of headphone jack? Is it more important to get an amp or dac first? Is the best solution a combo? I’d like a tube amp just to play with. The setup doesn’t have to be portable.
Any info and product suggestions welcomed. My first post, be gentle.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
Why would your iPhone be a limitation? Because it is XR? (I am not an Appler at all). If it has no analog output then it wouldn't need a dac. Took a brief look and seems it's wireless via wifi or bluetooth. Might want to think about receiving the signal as well as a unit that incorporates a DAC and an amplifier (usually this puts you in a category called receivers). I wouldn't bother with tubes myself, but that's your call. What speakers would you use? Or are you just talking about using headphones only?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you have a receiver with headphone out you are fine using that, I have used mine and it has worked really well for me. You can connect your phone wireless to receiver most likely if you have newer receiver.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Spartan
I would just pick up a set of good wireless headphones and call it a day.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis