Clarification needed regarding amps with DACs vs amps or DACs

M

motorjon68

Audiophyte
I’ve googled until my finger is bruised! I have a nice system for my room. There are times when I need to be quiet. I’d like to listen to my iPhone XR. I realize it’s a limitation.
Does the XR have a DAC given the lack of headphone jack? Is it more important to get an amp or dac first? Is the best solution a combo? I’d like a tube amp just to play with. The setup doesn’t have to be portable.
Any info and product suggestions welcomed. My first post, be gentle.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would your iPhone be a limitation? Because it is XR? (I am not an Appler at all). If it has no analog output then it wouldn't need a dac. Took a brief look and seems it's wireless via wifi or bluetooth. Might want to think about receiving the signal as well as a unit that incorporates a DAC and an amplifier (usually this puts you in a category called receivers). I wouldn't bother with tubes myself, but that's your call. What speakers would you use? Or are you just talking about using headphones only?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you have a receiver with headphone out you are fine using that, I have used mine and it has worked really well for me. You can connect your phone wireless to receiver most likely if you have newer receiver.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I would just pick up a set of good wireless headphones and call it a day.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis