A

ARTEST4ECHO

Audiophyte
First you have to understand that I am a volunteer who runs out church's technology. From streaming our service, to settings up projectors for slides, and beyond. I may have learned a lot since I was asked to do it (when COVID hit). So please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious.

Anyway, our church audio system was updated.a couple of years ago, but is a old style XLR system. (the video is actually brand new HDMI system) When they updated our system they added a "Listen Technologies LT-800 Stationary RF Transmitter - 72MHz" to help those that are hearing impaired.

Recently a number of Spanish Speaking members have joined and we have been struggling to set up a translation system. To make it easier (at least I thought) I bought another LT-800 RF Transmitter. I wanted to hook up a microphone headset to the transmitter, so I could use the same type of receivers for both hearing impaired and Spanish translation, BUT they are completely separate I'm setup.

I have been unsuccessful. If I transfer all the cables from the old transmitter and set everything the same, except using Channel E instead of Channel A, it works fine, so it's not the transmitter equipment. I have attached an image of the back panel to help.

Unfortunately, when hook up a microphone headset to the RCA inputs, I get nothing out. When I hook up the XLR setup, I barely get any sound and it's of very poorly quality. I can barely hear it. Nether method has any audio to.the earphones, even when the system is running using the Audio system as set up on the original transmitter.

The Microphone I have has two options for cabling. Both have a 4 pole 3.5 mm male end that plug into the Headset. The other end of the cables are different. One cable has a single 4 male pole jack, but the other splits the end into two 3 pole male jack. One label audio out the other microphone out. (See attached images)

I've tried using a 3.5 mm to RCA adapter and a 3.5 mm to XLR adapter, using both cables that came with the headphones. I have attached the image of the ones I actually bought,.so maybe I bought the wrong one.

I'm assuming I'm missing something really stupid like the fact that you can use a 3.5 mm to RCA/XLR adapter the way I am.

So does anyone know what this amateur is doing wrong? Yes, I already tried switching the "Input 1" to all three settings just to see if that fixed the issue. Do I need some kind of amplification device? Do I need a different type of adapter?

Jeff Berry
Screenshot_20230607-230104.jpg

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
First you have to understand that I am a volunteer who runs out church's technology. From streaming our service, to settings up projectors for slides, and beyond. I may have learned a lot since I was asked to do it (when COVID hit). So please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious.

Anyway, our church audio system was updated.a couple of years ago, but is a old style XLR system. (the video is actually brand new HDMI system) When they updated our system they added a "Listen Technologies LT-800 Stationary RF Transmitter - 72MHz" to help those that are hearing impaired.

Recently a number of Spanish Speaking members have joined and we have been struggling to set up a translation system. To make it easier (at least I thought) I bought another LT-800 RF Transmitter. I wanted to hook up a microphone headset to the transmitter, so I could use the same type of receivers for both hearing impaired and Spanish translation, BUT they are completely separate I'm setup.

I have been unsuccessful. If I transfer all the cables from the old transmitter and set everything the same, except using Channel E instead of Channel A, it works fine, so it's not the transmitter equipment. I have attached an image of the back panel to help.

Unfortunately, when hook up a microphone headset to the RCA inputs, I get nothing out. When I hook up the XLR setup, I barely get any sound and it's of very poorly quality. I can barely hear it. Nether method has any audio to.the earphones, even when the system is running using the Audio system as set up on the original transmitter.

The Microphone I have has two options for cabling. Both have a 4 pole 3.5 mm male end that plug into the Headset. The other end of the cables are different. One cable has a single 4 male pole jack, but the other splits the end into two 3 pole male jack. One label audio out the other microphone out. (See attached images)

I've tried using a 3.5 mm to RCA adapter and a 3.5 mm to XLR adapter, using both cables that came with the headphones. I have attached the image of the ones I actually bought,.so maybe I bought the wrong one.

I'm assuming I'm missing something really stupid like the fact that you can use a 3.5 mm to RCA/XLR adapter the way I am.

So does anyone know what this amateur is doing wrong? Yes, I already tried switching the "Input 1" to all three settings just to see if that fixed the issue. Do I need some kind of amplification device? Do I need a different type of adapter?

Jeff BerryView attachment 62254
Not nearly enough information to make any sense of this. This is going to be a gain matching and also possibly and impedance matching issue, especially as we are dealing with balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs here. So you would have to make a drawing of your connections and the specification of all the inputs and outputs you are connecting.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis