Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
At one time I thought Christmas music was bollocks but I changed my own tune once the kids arrived. Please add your own favorites at this holiday time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One of my childhood favorites, and it even lets you vinyl lovers in on the action. :p

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
One of my childhood favorites, and it even lets you vinyl lovers in on the action. :p
oh my poor ears. :D

My then 3 year old daughter drove us crazy playing this. I only have myself to blame, since I encouraged this type of behavior. :) BTW, there's a cover version by the beacons of good taste, The Three Stooges. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My all time favorite album for Xmas

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
My all time favorite album for Xmas
Cool :cool:

I have it but didn't realize it was this good. This happens a lot ... luckily :eek: ... to me. I obsess so much over getting every song known to mankind that I sometimes overlook some great songs. Thanks.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
silent night sang by sinead oconnor, unbelievable sound, I played it last night for some guests, everyone was amazed..

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
silent night sang by sinead oconnor, unbelievable sound, I played it last night for some guests, everyone was amazed..
Downright angelic.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

I'll always remember this album at Christmas time growing up. Good music and cover.:D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
[h=1]Winger - Silent Night[/h]

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Downright angelic.

Everyone I tell about that recording buys it after, lol... My house SHAKES when the lows come in, and her voice is incredible, the delivery of this material {a good recording on good equipment} is impressive, just strong and full of everything that makes us love music, as most of you know I have a soft spot for female vocalists, I feel their voice is art, don't get me wrong Luciano performing Nessun Dorma {thats none shall sleep for the non fluant, lol} is epic and men can sing, I love bruce and all types of music, but female do it better...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Everyone I tell about that recording buys it after, lol... My house SHAKES when the lows come in, and her voice is incredible, the delivery of this material {a good recording on good equipment} is impressive, just strong and full of everything that makes us love music, as most of you know I have a soft spot for female vocalists, I feel their voice is art, don't get me wrong Luciano performing Nessun Dorma {thats none shall sleep for the non fluant, lol} is epic and men can sing, I love bruce and all types of music, but female do it better...
Of course this version shouldn't be discounted either. You don't hear much about her nowadays it seems.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
While I think she's a bit of a loop-de-loop, I love this song. Great production work with that Phil Spector wall-of-sound. Yummy!!! :)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm 9 years old all over again. The lady in the background cackling is gold. :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Here is something for your kids:

[video=youtube;a3FxE6vXVkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3FxE6vXVkQ[/video]

In case you don't understand the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

I think the best Christmas albums are a couple of old ones. Merry Christmas by Bing Crosby (retitled White Christmas, later expanded to add bonus tracks as The Voice of Christmas) and Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald (later expanded and remastered with the same title). Bing Crosby sings the definitive version of "White Christmas" on the first of these, but Ella Fitzgerald gives a fine version as well, with all of the tracks on the original release of her album being very good.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Great cover version. I like this better than the original by Tom Petty.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
The Pretenders: 2000 Miles

[video=youtube;uzVqDIzvCeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVqDIzvCeI[/video]

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Classic Pogues - Fairly Tails of New York - remake by Iron and Wine, Calexico and Kathleen Edwards.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=n44238" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Finally this show is getting on the road. I was starting to think we ha d a bunch of Scrooge’s here. ;)

The Pogue’s tune with Kirsty MacColl gets played every Christmas Eve with my daughter and son taking the respective leads. It started in the late 80’s when they were 5 and 4 years old and continues to this day in their mid-20’s; it’s become a tradition. They didn’t have a clue about the meaning of the song lyrics until they were in their early teens. All they knew was that friends and family got a good laugh and they loved the attention. Of course early on they would bollocks and mangle the lyrics terribly which made it more fun. Later on when I printed out the lyrics and they sang them, you could see the joy in being able to sing the bawdy lyrics. My wife was not amused initially, especially the lyrics content, but has come to enjoy the shared memories since. She of course will not sing along to this day; she’s too much a proper lady for that.

Jeez-Louise, lighten up. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
We had a few friends over for coffee tonight and a friend of mine brought over a xmass cd called She and Him Christmas , Pretty cool...

Plus its always nice to hear "I couldn't wait to hear this on your system" when he has a $10K home theater system {Klipsch, eh'}

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis