Christmas traditions;

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good afternoon friends
:)
I hope all is well. I never used to bake when my wife was alive. Now that I'm on my own, I thought I would take a crack at a Christmas tradition handed down to me by my parents who immigrated from Germany to Canada after WW2. Here's the receipe I used..

https://oneplateplease.com/christstollen/

I had these soaking for 24 hours in an expensive Rum because I was too lazy to go out and buy a cheaper brand. Needless to say the fruit looked rather happy.
IMG_7724.jpg

Work in progress.
IMG_7726.jpg
IMG_7727.jpg

I'm waiting for an hour for it to rise one more time.

The recipe instructions were to drain the fruit before adding it to the dough and I could not imagine a better vessel to drain it in than a glass. Not wanting to waste good rum, I'll be nursing on this for the afternoon.
IMG_7728.jpg

Thankfully I waited until the end to start nursing this drink or I would end up like this guy

1669747413669.png

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The finished Stollen

IMG_7729.jpg

Stuck open with toothpicks, brushed melted butter, and dusted with icing sugar.
IMG_7730.jpg

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I gave you a "like" to balance it out. It's important to balance interfaces to reduce interference, of course.
:) thx. 3DB did change dislike to like before, but then the forum admin restored to the previous point, so dislike came back. In any case it was fat fingering on @3db part :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
At least we lost the post about covering the stollen with frosting. Sacrilege!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
:) thx. 3DB did change dislike to like before, but then the forum admin restored to the previous point, so dislike came back. In any case it was fat fingering on @3db part :)
I tried to change it back to a like dispite being
1669936693726.png
but it wouldnt let me. It was more crooked skinny finger than fat finger :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good morning my friends
. Here's another Christmas tradition; There was no listening sessions last night as I was in the kitchen for a lot of time and simply too tired. I made between 6 -7 dozen molasses cookies and a recipe handed down to me by my German immigrant parents called Herring Salad. Incredients are pickled herring cut into tidbits, boiled potatoes cubed down to salad bites, diced beets in Harvard sauce (I also had to make the sauce), mayonnaise, crushed walnuts, a cubed apple, and two boiled eggs. The beets turn everything pink as shown below.
IMG_7888.jpg

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Good afternoon friends
I hope all is well. I never used to bake when my wife was alive. Now that I'm on my own, I thought I would take a crack at a Christmas tradition handed down to me by my parents who immigrated from Germany to Canada after WW2. Here's the receipe I used..

https://oneplateplease.com/christstollen/

I had these soaking for 24 hours in an expensive Rum because I was too lazy to go out and buy a cheaper brand. Needless to say the fruit looked rather happy.
View attachment 58850
Work in progress.
View attachment 58851View attachment 58852

I'm waiting for an hour for it to rise one more time.

The recipe instructions were to drain the fruit before adding it to the dough and I could not imagine a better vessel to drain it in than a glass. Not wanting to waste good rum, I'll be nursing on this for the afternoon.
View attachment 58853

Thankfully I waited until the end to start nursing this drink or I would end up like this guy

View attachment 58854
WRT to cheap rum- if you wouldn't drink it, you shouldn't cook with it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Every year the wife gets into the cookie making mood from a few days to take to the neighbors and for the family to eat.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is the first time since the start of the horrid COVID that we have Christmas guests. So, bone in lamb saddle in the oven to be served. Nope, that is definitely not Scandinavian Christmas food, but we have some other things for them to eat as well.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My wife and I have been getting ready to host the family for Christmas. We have been cooking our traditional foods and decorating.

The weather has been very cold of late with lots of snow. The trees have been flocked with snow.

My wife put up these two trees in the front porch. This year show bought a snow man. He came with a lantern with a solar charger, which is not much use here, and it had to be switched. It gave a terrible light, so I installed a LED of a different hue, and connected it to a 9V power supply so it comes on with the timer.

The tree inside is in our office.

My wife made the Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, in old England known as Figgie Pudding. They have been maturing for several weeks now. Today my wife decorated the Christmas cake, and placed her grand mother's ornaments on the cake.

Two of our grandchildren made this Lego village nearly 20 years ago, and we glued the pieces together.

It fell to me to decorate our main Christmas tree in the great room.

It has been very cold and snowy, so I confess to enjoying our fireplaces.

I have been enjoying the family room and its fireplace in this cold snap.

We will be setting the Christmas table tomorrow and prep as much as we can for Christmas. We will be 15 for Christmas dinner this year. I think this year I might be doing the outside cooking with snow coming down!

It only remains for me to wish you all a very happy Christmas.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And we usally head to my sisters for the day, for dinner and watch all the grands (ages 4-10) open presents.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis