W

wgb113

Enthusiast
For about the past decade or so I've been fortunate to have had the room in our home designated on the floor plan as an "Office" as my dedicated 2ch space for music. The biggest problem is its size - roughly 10'W x 11.6'L x 9'H - so getting good bass is a challenge.

The series @gene has done on YouTube with Anthony combined with the new post-COVID norm has me considering moving to another room that seldom gets used but is bigger so that we can actually use the "Office" as an office full-time going forward as it doesn't appear that we'll ever be back into the office 5 days/week again.

That other space has challenges as well. For one, it's pretty much a square at 14' x 14'9" x 9'. Second it's currently got an 8' opening to the foyer. We discussed potentially redoing that wall to include a set of pocket doors that will allow it to remain open to the rest of the house when not "in use".

The added breathing room over my current space would be welcome. Watching the Get Good Bass series has me wondering if utilizing multi-subs (likely only 2 to start) and some EQ would be enough to overcome the room modes that a room with those dimensions has.

In my current space I've installed DIY soffit traps around the entire permitter that measure about 10" x 18" and are filled with S&S. Not sure I'll be able to mimic that level of treatment in the formal living room though since it is one of the first things you see as you walk in the door.

Thoughts on whether the effort, both construction and bass management/optimization, would be worthwhile or am I just trading one problem for pretty much the same problem in a slightly bigger room?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
well, a 'bigger square' does give you more options !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis