Children Love the Snow!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Our three youngest grandchildren are with is for a week.

It was a snowy day here in Eagan today and the children loved it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I love cold weather I miss Kansas some times Texas is beautiful but man the winters just aren't winter here I do miss the snow

Hope your having a blessed time with your family and happy New Years!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
When I was that young, in Missouri, I enjoyed the snow quite a bit! Some of my fondest winter memories are waking up in the morning after a mix of freezing rain and snow: the entire world would glow in that candy-coating of ice enrobing the trees, and the sunlight refracting through that ice looked purple...

Then the magic is ruined as you get a little older and have to shovel the driveway, walk through slush, pour hot water over your car to just get in to start it up and let it warm up... and then you have to drive on that snow-ice mix...

Yup, I don’t miss winter one freakin bit. :p Love the memories of it, just not being there.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup, I don’t miss winter one freakin bit.
That's because you came to your senses. Durring my teens in Canada I loved winter. By the age of 25, not so much.

I was looking for a reference that a male skull is fully developed by the age of 24 but this is the best I could do:

Skeletal maturity is attained when the epiphyseal plates close. Epiphyseal closure begins in childhood and is usually complete by 25 years of age (see Figure 6-10).

I figured that's about when my mind started making sense and I moved to Florida ... My point? Get those kids inside! :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
When I was that young, in Missouri, I enjoyed the snow quite a bit! Some of my fondest winter memories are waking up in the morning after a mix of freezing rain and snow: the entire world would glow in that candy-coating of ice enrobing the trees, and the sunlight refracting through that ice looked purple...

Then the magic is ruined as you get a little older and have to shovel the driveway, walk through slush, pour hot water over your car to just get in to start it up and let it warm up... and then you have to drive on that snow-ice mix...

Yup, I don’t miss winter one freakin bit. :p Love the memories of it, just not being there.
I still miss snowball fights and sledding and ice skating and coming home to my Momma sitting me by the fire with some hot chocolate and Smores

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Superb ! grandkids are great, we're gonna have ours for the coming weekend, no snow here in SE Pa, just some rain, bummer ..........

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

It's great to see kids enjoying the snow so much ... and just as great to see you enjoying the grand kids so much!
Sometimes I wonder if vicariously reliving the wonders of childhood through your progeny isn't a major driving force behind procreation!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Brings back memories of me playing in the snow until my fingers and toes were numb, then warming them up by the wood stove. I discovered at an early age that can be VERY painful if you wait too long to go back inside.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yup. Still agree with that! :)
Siiiiiigggghhhh I worry about you sometimes bro we gotta stay young inside! But then again your getting advice and encouragement from a guy that has issues with ports LOL.

So I don't really think I qualify to be taken seriously ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can you post something like that that covers summers here in Texas next year? There's a hot summer and then there's Texas summers ..... Jus say in
I’ll take that Texas heat! Oddly I was born very near the Canadian border. I’ve always thought I should have some kind of genetic advantage for surviving MN winters. NOPE!!!!! Ugh.....
what a waste winter is....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Texas heat, pft. Arizonans go to Texas to cool off in the summer... :p

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
it always cracks me up when people complain about the weather where they live but then continue to live there !!

as for 'Minesnowta' winters, get out there and recreate !!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I challenge you on that bro! Lol. it's not really the heat that gets you it's the humidity
I lived in Corpus Christi for a year and felt the humid heat. When you get above 120° F (I've seen 128 out here!) it doesn't matter whether it's humid or not. It's just hot.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Can you post something like that that covers summers here in Texas next year? There's a hot summer and then there's Texas summers ..... Jus say in
How would he get the knives and carrot to stand up in a puddle?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I lived in Corpus Christi for a year and felt the humid heat. When you get above 120° F (I've seen 128 out here!) it doesn't matter whether it's humid or not. It's just hot.
haha!

I always tell people, Tx vs. Az--It's just a different style of heat, and a different style of miserable!

Personally, I think the oppressive humid Tx heat is worse! But Az is no walk in the park either.

@Mikado463 we earned the right to complain about the Tx summer! But, right now we are sitting at a sunny mid-50s with highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid-40s for the next several days! So, while most of the country is hating the winter, this is prime time for some outdoor activities in TX! Granted, we were still in the high 90s until the end of October this year!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis