Chase Home Theater (CHT) is closing their doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
It's hard to argue against the fact that some of the hand-outs, regulations and new programs undertaken in the past few years are not going to negatively impact the financial health of this country and our future generations. A lot of things went in the wrong direction the past couple of years, no doubt about it, but that's no excuse to abruptly close up shop like he did. Even though he says it was not a rash decision it's certainly hard for me to see otherwise.

First AV123, then eD and now CHT; each one died an ignominious death, shrouded in controversy. Very sad indeed... :confused:

M

mdm1699

Audiophyte
It's hard to argue against the fact that some of the hand-outs, regulations and new programs undertaken in the past few years are not going to negatively impact the financial health of this country and our future generations. A lot of things went in the wrong direction the past couple of years, no doubt about it, but that's no excuse to abruptly close up shop like he did. Even though he says it was not a rash decision it's certainly hard for me to see otherwise.

First AV123, then eD and now CHT; each one died an ignominious death, shrouded in controversy. Very sad indeed... :confused:
This post pefectly illustrates our disconnect from reality. What handouts? The tax cuts for the wealthy or foreign aid to other nations........

What new programs? Education, Training, Green Energy....

What regulation? To prevent another bailout paid for by consumers who ended up owning the risks, yet never shared in the reward.....

Wrong direction? Jobs coming back onshore because the growing middle class in the outsource countries now demand higher wages and benefits....

Craig is free to do what he wants with his business. However, his rationale for closing makes no sense. Have some guts and class. Apologize to your customers while letting them know that the business(for whatever reason) is no longer viable.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I do a lot of handing out :mad: I dont even want a handout, maybe just a handback once and a while, hand me back a little more of the money I make, but that cant happen because there are too many people in line for the handout, which comes from what I hand in... If it was giving a hand up to someone that was going to better them selves and someday be on my side of the wall handing in, now it turns into an investment, but thats not the case for the majority of the people getting hand outs, there are a lot of "lifers" out there, raising more "lifers"...
But whatever, Ill keep working and pressing forward, my kids college funds will be maxed out before they are done with the 11th grade because due to my income, there will be no grants or free rides unless they can play football or wrestle {which Im also working on as a back up :D }...

It worries me to think of the world we are leaving them... Kind of scary between Geological issues, economical issues, civilazation issues, and the moral issues the future sometimes looks messy...

But I don't think there is anyone that can change its course now, just live your life how you think is correct and enjoy the ride no matter what way its going, up or down...

Is the boston herald to political for this site? Mitt’s right: Handouts do win votes - BostonHerald.com

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I would say yes. Let's keep this restricted to CHT, the fact that they are closing, and the manner in which he closed down operations.

I'd say right now this thread is playing jumprope with the "line" and that we should keep it constrained to Chase Home Theater and Craig.
Thats an odd looking sword though isn't it? The manor he closed but not the reason?

I can see his reasoning, and its kind of like biting your nose to spite your face but the regulations and taxes small businesses are forced to put up with gets old fast, I pay more in income tax and licence/permit fees than most households earn in a year, so when they come up with a new one, like self employment tax" where you pay a set price no matter what, on top of your income tax, or raising the price of permits and lowering the amount of jobs you can do with out them, ect...

Now how he decided to close the doors was kind of odd, but that is his business, he can do what he wants with it, that is until THEY start telling us how we can close our businesses... I don't want to pass judgement, I don't walk in this guys shoes, I dont know everything that he has been through. I wouldn't close my business that way, but I wouldn't normally Murder someone either, but if someone hurt my family, maybe I would...

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
This post pefectly illustrates our disconnect from reality. What handouts? The tax cuts for the wealthy or foreign aid to other nations........

What new programs? Education, Training, Green Energy....

What regulation? To prevent another bailout paid for by consumers who ended up owning the risks, yet never shared in the reward.....

Wrong direction? Jobs coming back onshore because the growing middle class in the outsource countries now demand higher wages and benefits....

Craig is free to do what he wants with his business. However, his rationale for closing makes no sense. Have some guts and class. Apologize to your customers while letting them know that the business(for whatever reason) is no longer viable.
I wouldn't even know where to begin to correct this mess of a reply, so I'll adhere to Gene's request and refrain from turning this thread into a political debate. One thing is for certain; you either completely misunderstood my post, or you're just plain clueless.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think this thread has run its course and the topic is certainly not important enough for fostering bad feelings among our fellow Audioholics. Let's get back to our common passion and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis