Center speaker question

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@shadyJ Do you think you will get around to doing a review of the ML XT line of speakers? I know Gene did somewhat of a review and actually it was he that suggested them to me. I would be curious how they do on the testing you perform.
I am not reviewing them. I think we have another Audioholics contributor who will be reviewing those.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Coaxials are more expensive to design and manufacture. Also, the biggest concern that manufacturers have, as well as consumers, is getting something that fits on the shelf under the TV. Most people don't have a lot of clearance there, but coaxials ten to make the center speakers taller. People just want something that fits and don't really care about the sound quality.
It’s surprising how many people use tiny centers with big towers haha ..
Even some users who been told not too.

B

BFL

Audioholic
So far the C10 has been working out, perhaps cause its the perfect height off the ground. When we had our entertainment center made we had the opening for the speaker at ear height while sitting plus Its appx 4 inches within the height of the tower mids and tweeter as well. Just wish i had the opening made larger at the time of designing it. Due to my family rooms funky layout, i wish i could have had a few more degrees of angle for the mains though. I ckd it last night and i am at 17 degrees. I could easily get more on one side by swapping the sub and left main, but the right cannot move due to a walkway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis