T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Had this Exact model. 1979 w/400 small block, 850 dual feed Holly carburetor, Manual trans, B&W slapstick shifter. I pulled the rear axle took it to a custom shop had it shorten, so I could put 50 slicks on the back to fit under the fender well without modification of rear fender wells. Didn't have the chicken decal 'cause I had the car repainted same color though. I pulled the engine, rebuilt engine myself. Got it for $4.500.00 plus a Suzuki motorcycle Maduro 700 cc shaft drive. That was the only thing that would get the guy off the car he wanted my motorcycle more than the cash. Back in 1985.

1722007716872.png

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Chris, you gave me a good chuckle !! Yes, getting out of my C2 & C5 is not like it was 47 years ago when I bought my first Corvette ('66, 327 vert) but I continue to manage. A couple years back a young Porsche 911 driver commented to me after seeing me get out of my '67 and said, "do you think your car could run with my 992" to which I replied, "hell no, but kid you come back with your grandfathers '67 911 and I'll show you what Chevy taillights look like" ! ;)
Not sure what would have happen, if I could have gotten out of this C8 . My C6 GS was so much easier.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 080536.jpeg

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Since I only come here soon after I get up in the morning, I'm going with "no coffee = hard of thinking". DOH!

I don't know why people can't detect low pressure- the car should pull to one side.
The car would pull to one side when the under-inflated tire is at the front. The effect is rather minimal or even hard to notice when the situation refers to a rear wheel. Of course, if the rear tire is flat, that's another story.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1722033702187.png

Continues to be kind of the ideal show IMO. When he starts doing too much to the vehicle than it isn't as fun. He even said himself if he were to make em too nice than he wouldn't wanna drive them. I understand though cause pulling off rusty drum brakes can make any man quit cars for good LOL. Granted he needs his brother and other side kicks but still like a little a little rust with shine juice to give it a little sparkle. Great show cause you go off in some field and pick out something that has been sitting there for 20-30 years.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 68600
Continues to be kind of the ideal show IMO. When he starts doing too much to the vehicle than it isn't as fun. He even said himself if he were to make em too nice than he wouldn't wanna drive them. I understand though cause pulling off rusty drum brakes can make any man quit cars for good LOL. Granted he needs his brother and other side kicks but still like a little a little rust with shine juice to give it a little sparkle. Great show cause you go off in some field and pick out something that has been sitting there for 20-30 years.
I enjoy that show. The 1950 Ford tractor he did for his farm was pretty cool, and the old 64 Ford Galaxy with the inline 6, that he put Webers on. He's done a few that were wild, the 70 Challenger that he drove 1000 miles back to his shop and turned into a road racer for the show. .

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The car would pull to one side when the under-inflated tire is at the front. The effect is rather minimal or even hard to notice when the situation refers to a rear wheel. Of course, if the rear tire is flat, that's another story.
Right, but it also depends on the vehicle- I have driven cars and trucks that just felt like they were dragging an anchor when a rear tire was more than about 10psi lower than the rest.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Right, but it also depends on the vehicle- I have driven cars and trucks that just felt like they were dragging an anchor when a rear tire was more than about 10psi lower than the rest.
I think it really comes down to the experience of the driver. I can pretty such tell if I have any tire is getting low on pressure. You can just feel it in your rear ( butt) and the steering wheel.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what would have happen, if I could have gotten out of this C8 . My C6 GS was so much easier.

View attachment 68604
interesting you say that for while I have not driven a C8 I've sat in them and while I get out like an old man it's no more difficult than my C5 ZO6 while my '67 is much easier. I had a 2012 GS and that was fairly easy to get out of

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
interesting you say that for while I have not driven a C8 I've sat in them and while I get out like an old man it's no more difficult than my C5 ZO6 while my '67 is much easier. I had a 2012 GS and that was fairly easy to get out of
This is my old C6, thats now gone and I could get in and out of and as I remember a lot easier than the C8. I really think it has something to do with the length of the doors ( nothing to hold on to LOL, and of course weak knees.)

2010 C6_GS_3LT.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This is my old C6, thats now gone and I could get in and out of and as I remember a lot easier than the C8. I really think it has something to do with the length of the doors ( nothing to hold on to LOL, and of course weak knees.)

View attachment 68605
Nice C6 !! as far as egress it's not only the door length but seat height as well ! and for that reason all our bathrooms are equipped with comfortable height toilets ! LOL !!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Nice C6 !! as far as egress it's not only the door length but seat height as well ! and for that reason all our bathrooms are equipped with comfortable height toilets ! LOL !!
Its a Grand Sport with the 3LT package with the Tremic T-56, Fun car.
I guess that's true never thought about seat height. And so very true about "comfortable height toilets "

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think it really comes down to the experience of the driver. I can pretty such tell if I have any tire is getting low on pressure. You can just feel it in your rear ( butt) and the steering wheel.
OTOH, some drivers can't be bothered to use any of their senses- watch when a vehicle with blaring sirens approaches- no pulling over, drivers running stop signs & lights,, weaving in traffic...... then, we have self-parking cars, collision avoidance and other features for people who can barely drive.

Self-driving cars doesn't sound so bad, at times.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
self-parking cars,
I think for these types of cars, a person has to have some common sense, maybe a comprehension and intelligence tests, emotional tests, and psychological assessments test needs to be given to drive one. Too many people just assume the car "knows best" LOL .. Rear-end collisions, in which a human-operated vehicle runs into the back of a driverless vehicle, are the most common cause of accidents involving self-driving cars. I guess these people are either playing with their smart phone, or just think the car will brake or stop.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Just got back from two weeks of accelerator school in California.

Saw Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, and Chargers/Challengers all over the place. Only saw one Supra. :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Also attempted to rent a car for a weekend jaunt while I was out in Cali. They offered a dozen types of different cars to choose from, I went with "premium" which was supposed to be something along the lines of a BMW 2 series or an Audi A3. I get to the rental place and they hand me the keys to a Mitsubishi Outlander. I say "this isn't what I reserved" and they tried to tell me it was an upgrade, I said "It most certainly isn't an upgrade to me". lol. They had zero car options. It was either the Mitsubishi, a pickup truck, or a Chrysler Pacifica minivan. I just stuck with the Mitsubishi. Was rather disappointed to not have a fun car for the mountain roads to/from Monterey Bay.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Also attempted to rent a car for a weekend jaunt while I was out in Cali. They offered a dozen types of different cars to choose from, I went with "premium" which was supposed to be something along the lines of a BMW 2 series or an Audi A3. I get to the rental place and they hand me the keys to a Mitsubishi Outlander. I say "this isn't what I reserved" and they tried to tell me it was an upgrade, I said "It most certainly isn't an upgrade to me". lol. They had zero car options. It was either the Mitsubishi, a pickup truck, or a Chrysler Pacifica minivan. I just stuck with the Mitsubishi. Was rather disappointed to not have a fun car for the mountain roads to/from Monterey Bay.
I got one of those Mitsubishi Outlanders once and it's probably one of the worst vehicles I've ever driven. A coworker borrowed it and when he got back just said "wow. that thing is terrible". Glad it was just a rental.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I got one of those Mitsubishi Outlanders once and it's probably one of the worst vehicles I've ever driven. A coworker borrowed it and when he got back just said "wow. that thing is terrible". Glad it was just a rental.
It had more power than the Corolla Hybrid I had as a loaner! :eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It had more power than the Corolla Hybrid I had as a loaner! :eek:
Yeah, but I bet the Corolla didn't feel like it was going to fall over when you made a turn.

I got a Chevy Blazer as a rental a few weeks ago and that thing was terrible. I don't like FWD vehicles anyway, but this thing was one of the worst I've had. Torque steer was terrible.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, but I bet the Corolla didn't feel like it was going to fall over when you made a turn.

I got a Chevy Blazer as a rental a few weeks ago and that thing was terrible. I don't like FWD vehicles anyway, but this thing was one of the worst I've had. Torque steer was terrible.
Anything taller than a station wagon feels like it's going to fall over when I make a turn. lol

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Went over to buddy's shop this AM and replaced the oil pan gasket on my '67, yay, no more leaks !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis