NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Went to a track event last weekend and there was a guy there with an ACR viper with a 9.4L crate engine in it putting out 740 to the wheels. Thing was a beast on the track.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Went to a track event last weekend and there was a guy there with an ACR viper with a 9.4L crate engine in it putting out 740 to the wheels. Thing was a beast on the track.
Nice!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I saw a cyber truck yesterday in traffic. Wtf…….

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
'05 Ford GT's still bidding at 330K. I'm not sure what it is? Rare, or revitalized the sports car love in a way no other of its time?

Didn't catch the mileage, but announcer said if even lower might add 100K to the price.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can't necessarily do it in every situation, but I'd recommend avoiding some of these really difficult left turns on busy streets. I know it's annoying to have to back track, but some of them I've seen are almost impossible.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Was out at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for memorial day weekend. It's a fast, fun track. Got up to 140 mph!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hehehe....

Saw an old guy doing about 10 in a 30 in the left lane once. I breezed by him on my scooter.

Almost got rear ended once. On coming ramp guy decides to merge at 40 in a 60. Was presuming he'd accelerate. Never did.

Liked that video of a car flying over a mound of dirt and onto a road or something. Stroke etc can't remember.

Other day someone was doing 40 in a 55. Good thing I had to get off.

T

trochetier

Audioholic
Hehehe....

Saw an old guy doing about 10 in a 30 in the left lane once. I breezed by him on my scooter.

Almost got rear ended once. On coming ramp guy decides to merge at 40 in a 60. Was presuming he'd accelerate. Never did.

Liked that video of a car flying over a mound of dirt and onto a road or something. Stroke etc can't remember.

Other day someone was doing 40 in a 55. Good thing I had to get off.
My pet peeves -

1. Traffic on all lanes moving faster than speed limit - one car doing speed limit in the middle lanes or left lane for miles and miles oblivious to other cars that are changing lanes to get by.
2. Vision zero (no traffic deaths) - reducing speed limits - in a town near me they went from 35 to 25 miles. Traffic deaths are statistically impossible. Traffic deaths have been around the horse and buggy days.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My pet peeves -

1. Traffic on all lanes moving faster than speed limit - one car doing speed limit in the middle lanes or left lane for miles and miles oblivious to other cars that are changing lanes to get by.
2. Vision zero (no traffic deaths) - reducing speed limits - in a town near me they went from 35 to 25 miles. Traffic deaths are statistically impossible. Traffic deaths have been around the horse and buggy days.
I said this one before. The car in front of me is driving on the highway dotted lines. Then when we exit is driving on shoulder directly toward a parked car, and at the last second takes a wide left turn onto the side street. Never seen that one before LOL.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My pet peeves -

One of my biggest pet peeves is a car in the left lane making a left turn swerving into my lane (the right) to complete the turn. Seems to happen a lot and there's no reason for it.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Brought our Civic into the dealer for some issues I thought might fall under warranty. I went to the dealer closest to me (knowing full well they try to upsell everything) as they give out loaners and I wasn't sure how long this would take. The issue was the TPMS light going off while all tire pressures were good and going through the tpms relearn process did not solve the issue. The car used wheel speed based "TPMS", there is no direct sensor in the wheel itself. This fact coupled with some noise from the front brakes led me to think it could be either a bad wheel speed sensor or that a caliper had seized and it was dragging. Both of these would be covered under warranty, so I brought it in. Turns out the noise was from a dust shield that was scraping the front passenger rotor and the TPMS was from a tire puncture. Only paid for the tire to be plugged, so that was nice. Declined $1700+ of upsell items including engine air filter, cabin air filter, brake fluid flush, trans flush, replacing rear brakes, etc. I was asked "Are you sure, the rear brakes are really bad." (They're down to 4mm) I said yes, I'll replace them myself, at which point I received dire warnings that the rear brakes need to be unlocked through honda's service software because of the electronic parking brake or the calipers could be damaged. They wanted $625 (?!?!) to do the rear brakes on a 2018 Civic EX. $400 in parts and $223 in labor. Labor figures out to an hour and a half, so not bad, but $400 in parts? I can get good good name brand parts off rock auto for $100. :rolleyes: Anyway, I told them no. I'll figure out how to bypass the electronic brakes and do it myself, or I'll order the parts from RockAuto and have my local mechanic shop that I trust do the labor for $150.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Further proving that a good independent mechanic you know and trust is 'the' way to go after warranty expires....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
2010 Viper- kind of a nifty color. Still think the wing is the way to go IMO.
1718443585456.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis