Carlsbro wanderer ....wiring up the batterys

V

Vagman54

Audiophyte
Anyone got an idea how the 3 battery's are wired up please, took to bits ages ago and forgot how they was wired...I know should have taken pic but didn't.....HELP pleae

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Anyone got an idea how the 3 battery's are wired up please, took to bits ages ago and forgot how they was wired...I know should have taken pic but didn't.....HELP pleae
Can not answer your question as batteries can be wired in series or parallel. Series gives a voltage the sum of the voltage of the batteries, but parallel, and for this all the batteries must be the same voltage, will increase current available in proportion the number of batteries paralleled.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Posted from another forum...

I recently had a "Carlsbro Wanderer" portable PA system passed to me to repair for a customer.

All I can say is that this device is one of the most ear crucifying horrible sounding speakers I've ever heard, the experience left me feeling audiably raped. Now I have the joy of leaving it running for over 2 hours at top volume to make sure the battery problem has been fixed properly, what fun that'll be.

Good riddance to them!
Wow! That's from 2010. Calling this vintage, and not high quality vintage, may be an understatement.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Shouldn't that be obvious from the power supply? Photos of that unit show an AC power cord connection. Whatever the power supply is producing in DC volts, the batteries should match. If the individual battery voltage is the same as the power supply, they're in parallel. If the battery voltage is 1/3, then they're in series.

That is assuming that the unit is meant to run off of the batteries when there is no AC connection, like rechargeable lead-acid batteries. If the batteries perform some other purpose, you will need to provide a lot more information.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis