Car system...anyone?

whitese

whitese

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Anyone demanding of the car's sound?

I have a 4 channels * 100 McIntosh MC431 driving Scan Speak 18W/5535A 7&quot; midbass, and Scan Speak 2904-6000 tweeters,,,McIntosh 2 channels * 100 (200 * 1) for the Lambda Acoustics sub (10&quot;)
Alpine 7949 HU via fiber optic to the PXA-H600 processor going to a tubed active Xover by Phaze Audio.

I do miss my home system...but I work from my car.</font>

<font color='#008080'>That's a good reason to pimp out your car, then... I put all my money in my home system. My car audio is stock (um, boomy bass) by I don't spend a lot of time there either.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The point is after having spent a substantial amount of money on my car system, I have come to the conclusion that the returns are far fewer than if one were to spend the same amount on a home audio system. Since I am not into SPL and only into the fidelity, car systems are pretty much handicapped in that department.</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have &nbsp;a 92 Mustang LX hatchback with

The point of this system was good sound for relatively cheap and to be almost entirely invisible. &nbsp;Only things you can see that are obvious form the outside is the CD player, and if you climb up on the hood and shine a flashlight thru the windwshield, the black cone of my subwoofer.

The point with the stealhiness of the install is that I live in a high-theft neighborhood, and after having my first system stolen and my windows broken/doorlocks ripped out I decided that my next system has to be unnoticable to anyone who has never seen it. &nbsp;I also installed a good alarm that weekend

JVC headunit, forgot models, some cheapo that was disvcontiued 2 years ago

all but my sub run off the cd player's &quot;amp&quot;, both fronts are wired in series.

3 1/2 infinity reference in the dash
5 1/4 infinity reference in the doors
5x7 infinity reference in the back

JBL 80.2 amp (140w bridged), mounted under a seat
8&quot; kicker comp VR in a custom box carpeted and vinyled to match my car's interior exactly. &nbsp;I did not paint the sub grill however, mostly since I do haul servers and all sorts of junk inthe back and the grill is there to get scratched and dented, no point in making it pretty.

The system does not bump, but it does have some nice kick and with respectable sound quality. &nbsp;It's not a sound competition car, but for $500 new, it's hard to beat. &nbsp;I bought the kicker due to being the only sub I could find that was both low cost, and able to take 140w without an issue. &nbsp;Actually the 8&quot; VR can take up to 200w.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
whitese

whitese

Audiophyte
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Yamahaluver : <font color='#000000'>The point is after having spent a substantial amount of money on my car system, I have come to the conclusion that the returns are far fewer than if one were to spend the same amount on a home audio system. Since I am not into SPL and only into the fidelity, car systems are pretty much handicapped in that department.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I agree with the enviro issues...but there is still amazing sound to be had....the problem is that you have to crank it quite a bit,,,

I think modern cars are fairly quiet, and if you soundproof some, it gets better,,nothing you can do about the glass areas though,,,</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The newer cars are certainly very quiet, Lexus LS-400 being a primo example. I do feel that DSP can furhter reduce and cancel the noise inside automobiles with lesser pedigree than Lexus or MB.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis