GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
I'd still watch them in release order. It would be like trying to watch Star Wars in order. Not as much fun, especially when there are 2 or 3 or 4 I'd like to skip.
Like the one with Jarjar Binks... what was Lucas Studios thinking at the time? Were southern redneck plantation owners in charge of concept development, scripting etc. I can certainly see why (and agree with) people thinking that character inappropriate and racist.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Like the one with Jarjar Binks... what was Lucas Studios thinking at the time? Were southern redneck plantation owners in charge of concept development, scripting etc. I can certainly see why (and agree with) people thinking that character inappropriate and racist.
Yep. Visually they were cool, sound was great, but there was a lot of useless fluff. Jar-jar was just the worst part of it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think “Captain Marvel” is among the better comic book movies and is a lot better than most of them.

Not perfect and has plot holes (even Dark Knight trilogy has holes), but I think a lot less holes and stupidity than most comic book movies (DC, Marvel).

I think this movie is a lot better than the previous Avengers movies.

I haven’t seen Endgame yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As a story, I liked it better than endgame. It was well rounded, fun and did not take itself too seriously. Endgame is basically an action movie trying to take itself seriously, though I did enjoy it a lot, it has its issues (like all of them).

I think “Captain Marvel” is among the better comic book movies and is a lot better than most of them.

Not perfect and has plot holes (even Dark Knight trilogy has holes), but I think a lot less holes and stupidity than most comic book movies (DC, Marvel).

I think this movie is a lot better than the previous Avengers movies.

I haven’t seen Endgame yet.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Coming to U-verse on demand this week. Cant wait!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Saw it last night. It was ok.
Finally got around to watch it. Was braced by the internet for a flaming disaster. Was pleasantly disappointed, and my review matches Philip's opinion as he eloquently stated "It was ok" indeed.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Finally got around to watch it. Was braced by the internet for a flaming disaster. Was pleasantly disappointed, and my review matches Philip's opinion as he eloquently stated "It was ok" indeed.
I really like when people trash a movie. Usually makes it better for me since my expectations are so low.

Unlike Black Panther. People hyped that one up so much I was expecting perfection. It was "meh".

I thought Captain Marvel was pretty good. Neat to see Samuel Jackson "young" again. They did a pretty good job with all the 90's stuff. My oldest girl loved the movie so that was neat.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I really like when people trash a movie. Usually makes it better for me since my expectations are so low.

Unlike Black Panther. People hyped that one up so much I was expecting perfection. It was "meh".

I thought Captain Marvel was pretty good. Neat to see Samuel Jackson "young" again. They did a pretty good job with all the 90's stuff. My oldest girl loved the movie so that was neat.
Agreed. I really liked this movie especially the actress that played the lead. Also a young Fury and Colson. One of Marvel Studio better efforts IMHO.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, the Blu-Ray has a sweet tribute to Stan Lee in the opening credits.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I really enjoyed this flick. I dont pay attention to others's people's opinions when it comes to flicks. I never read into it the feminist streak that others saw. I'm glad I bought it. The tribute to Stan Lee was very nice.

Wonder Woman is hotter!!!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I really enjoyed this flick. I dont pay attention to others's people's opinions when it comes to flicks. I never read into it the feminist streak that others saw. I'm glad I bought it. The tribute to Stan Lee was very nice.

I liked it but I made the mistake of watching it right after watching Ironman 3. I like the Ironman trilogy better than any of these newer ones. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

Agreed! To me she is the hottest Superhero actress right now (and I'm a Marvel guy). She stole the Batman vs Superman movie on her looks alone.
Pretty good actress too.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis