S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey everyone, guess what: there are also movies intended for grown-ups too!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The thing that I did like about this one, it actually answered some questions and tied in well to the other films, basically going back and filling in how some of the things we've already seen in the MCU movies came about. Did I really need to fill all that in? Not really, but it was entertaining.

Spiderman Into the Spiderverse was better IMO. I am more interested in Dark Phoenix. I hope they do that one justice.
It would have been a great companion movie for Guardians of the Galaxy, had it released around the same time.

:D

Spiderverse was so sweet. I've heard Dark Phoenix is in trouble. We'll see..

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... If you haven't seen it yet, there are two scenes at the end. One in the middle of the credits and one at the very end.
Too late. Missed the last one. What was it?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting and I hadn't picked up on it entirely, but saw an article that discussed Stan's cameo in this one. I did get the reference (Mallrats),but not what it meant. Since it references a film where Stan appeared as himself, that would suggest that he was actually himself in this film. The article mentions that this is the only time that has happened as opposed to Stan being a random character.

I loved the Stan Lee tribute opening scene too. People clapped at that and at the cameo.

He has one more: Endgame.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Just saw this movie. I am not a fan of the genre but the wife loves them so we went. She didn’t care for it. To me they are all the same now, flash, bang, rumble. Sounds great in Dolby theatre.
I thought WW was better

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't think WW was that great. So I guess I'll hate Captain Marvel. :D
I thought this one was better than WW. WW was well done visually, but the story lacked IMO, especially since it was just establishing her character and not really tying into any main stories. CM was much more cohesive.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
No one went to see it yet? Where are the hardcore?
How is it? Planning on it tomorrow first showing. I think it will be full.
FYI back in the day Captain Marvel was a Kree male who gained "cosmic awareness" fought Thanos and eventually died of cancer.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I thought this one was better than WW. WW was well done visually, but the story lacked IMO, especially since it was just establishing her character and not really tying into any main stories. CM was much more cohesive.
Perhaps because there are more marvel movies that DC?
Didn't WW come after her introduction in one of the Superman/Batman movies? Seems that some background catch ups come after introductions, no?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... I am not a fan of the genre but the wife loves them so we went. ...
You have a great wife there:)
I guess expectations are hard to please with so many of them out there now.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

FYI back in the day Captain Marvel was a Kree male who gained "cosmic awareness" fought Thanos and eventually died of cancer.
Interesting. Never followed them in my youth but I grew up. ;) :D
Back then, not many female super heroes? Now she will take on Thanos with help. I really enjoy all the crossovers as they should be.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps because there are more marvel movies that DC?
Didn't WW come after her introduction in one of the Superman/Batman movies? Seems that some background catch ups come after introductions, no?
I liked WW, just didn't quite have that same feeling. Yes, she was shown in one of the bad DC movies. Justice League was one of the worst I've seen. Have Aquaman in the queue, have not watched it yet.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I plan on seeing it this weekend. Like every other Marvel flick, turn off the brain and go for the ride. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you will wait for Endgame until after you see CM?
Is it necessary to watch CM first before Endgame?

Or is it like "Ant-Man and the Wasp" in that it's not that important to the story line?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis