Canton Vento 826.2 vs 830.2 vs 836.2

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have a pair of Canton Venton 9.2 Reference DC bookshelves. I am looking for some surrounds to go with them. Can anyone describe the difference between the Vento 826.2 vs 830.2 vs 836.2?

Also, are all of these current models or are some discontinued? I can see the 830 and 836 have 7" woofer. Are all the tweeters the same? Has anyone compared them for sound quality? Thanks!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I might be wrong but I think the 830 is the same as 836 but without the screwless tweeter trim ring.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, the 830.2 is an earlier version of the 836.2.
I am not absolutely positive, but I believe the differences between these two speakers are cosmetic - All screws are hidden behind trim rings and the woofer is anodized to a Titanium color. There is also a 836 which came between these two. I forget the specifics, but it had some, but not all, of the cosmetic changes on the way from the 830.2 to the 836.2!
The 826.2 has a 6" woofer while the other two have a 7" woofer..

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the 830.2 is an earlier version of the 836.2.
I am not absolutely positive, but I believe the differences between these two speakers are cosmetic - All screws are hidden behind trim rings and the woofer is anodized to a Titanium color. There is also a 836 which came between these two. I forget the specifics, but it had some, but not all, of the cosmetic changes on the way from the 830.2 to the 836.2!
The 826.2 has a 6" woofer while the other two have a 7" woofer..
Yep. Have to agree with Kew. My 836 (with 7in drivers) are very similar to my 820.2 (with 6in drivers). I would expect a 830.2 to be equal to a 836.2. (Same tweeters and same size bass driver just different color driver. 830.2 driver is a silver color and 836.2 (and 836) is a more gold color). Yes the screws are hidden on 836.2 but exposed on 830.2 and 836.

The 826.2 has the 6in woofer. (Like Kew mentioned already). It’s very similar to my 820.2 except has the more golden colored driver (instead of silver colored)

With the grills on you wouldn’t see the driver color.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Have you noticed any sound quality differences between the 826.2, 830.2 or 836.2? The 826.2 and the 830.2 are currently $200 less than the 836.2. Are the sound quality differences worth the $200?

I actually prefer the screws but what really matters is SQ. Thank you!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It’s going to be identical. Same tweeter and woofer is just different color.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
It’s going to be identical. Same tweeter and woofer is just different color.
Any idea how the Canton 830.2 compares to the Vento 9.2 DC? Or do I have to wait for it to arrive to compare? lol

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
At the current ac4l prices I’d probably go for the Vento 830.2 if I were in your place, definitely the best value of the 3 speakers at the moment for sure.

I use an 826.2 for my center channel but my pair were bought when they were $599 before the Canton price increase.
My older model 820.2’s were actually $50 more expensive then the newer 826.2’s
I use Chrono 502.2 for my HT surrounds and have no complaints, for my needs Vento’s would likely be overkill for surround duty.
Look forward to hearing what you decide on and how everything works out in your setup.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis