Cancer – reasons for hope in the near future

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Swerd, when the catheter comes out curl your toes. It makes no sense but seems to help a little. And I hope your bladder recovers in days not weeks.

TLS, it sounds like it went as well as it could. As an academic MD I went there as a patient for a consultation couple of years ago, a much bigger trip for me from Maryland. My issue was kidney stones and bone loss. They are also THE place for kidney stones which is why I passed up on closer centers. They are truly a level above anywhere I have seen which includes some of the top centers in the country. It looks like a great place to work but I know two things. One I am not smart enough to work there and two I'd go crazy there in winter. I hope you recover speedily and have a complete cure.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well getting the catheter pulled out was much ado about nothing. It was a piece of cake. Nothing close to serious pain. On a scale of 0-10, it was barely a 1. I've had worse hangnails.

I'm waiting before I find out if I'm cancer-free. But as of 10:05 am EDT, 2 July 2020, I am 100% catheter-free :)!

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well getting the catheter pulled out was much ado about nothing. It was a piece of cake. Nothing close to serious pain. On a scale of 0-10, it was barely a 1. I've had worse hangnails.

I'm waiting before I find out if I'm cancer-free. But as of 10:05 am EDT, 2 July 2020, I am 100% catheter-free :)!
So, I assume by that the pathologist has told you the margins of the surgical specimen are clear. If that is what you mean, that is good news indeed.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
So, I assume by that the pathologist has told you the margins of the surgical specimen are clear. If that is what you mean, that is good news indeed.
I celebrated this afternoon with a 2½ hour nap! What a relief to go to bed without that catheter tubing.

I've begun testing my pain. I took 600 mg ibuprofen at 7 am today as I had been every 8 hours. At 6 pm when I woke, there was no acute pain, only slightly sore stiffness in my abdomen and flanks. I took 200 mg ibuprofen as test to see if that was enough. I think it is.

So far, I've been able to go pee 3 times on command since getting home. This is only preliminary, but it's a very good sign.

I just looked for and found my path report less than an hour ago. I think it's all good. Margins & lymph nodes are clean. I have one language question. I'll send it to you if you like.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Last week, I saw the pathology report from my prostate, 11 lymph nodes and associated tissues that were removed in surgery. It looked good to me, but I didn't understand everything it said.

Yesterday, two weeks after surgery, I met with my surgeon by video call. He made it very clear there was no detectable carcinoma at the prostate margins or the 11 lymph nodes. Meaning, all of the tumor tissue was removed. It doesn't get any better than that.

I will still be monitored by the PSA blood test, every 4 months, for the next year or two. But this almost certainly means that I am cancer free. You can probably guess how good it feels to tell all of you this :).

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Last week, I saw the pathology report from my prostate, 11 lymph nodes and associated tissues that were removed in surgery. It looked good to me, but I didn't understand everything it said.

Yesterday, two weeks after surgery, I met with my surgeon by video call. He made it very clear that no detectable carcinoma at the prostate margins or the 11 lymph nodes means that all of the tumor tissue was removed. It doesn't get any better than that.

I will still be monitored by the PSA blood test, every 4 months, for the next year or two. But this almost certainly means that I am cancer free. You can probably guess how good it feels to tell all of you this :).
Congrats!!!!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Yesterday, two weeks after surgery, I met with my surgeon by video call. He made it very clear that no detectable carcinoma at the prostate margins or the 11 lymph nodes means that all of the tumor tissue was removed. It doesn't get any better than that.

Great to hear!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis