canare 4s11 speaker cable

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Does anyone know what size techflex would shealth this cable? Also if I was going to using wbt crimps on the ends what size do you get if not bi-wiring. I want to just twist two positive and two negative together. thanks in advance.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I believe the cable is 3/8" thick, so a slightly smaller techflex, say quarter inch, should work awesomely. And I think the WBT bananas (horribly overpriced...) are one size fits all...so just twist your wires, insert, and crimp.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Call the distributor and ask. I used 1/4 inch on my Belden 12 gauge and it worked fine but thought I could have used the next size larger. You can also call Parts Express and ask them. At $1.25 a foot that's pretty expensive. Check out the 12 gauge at Home Depot, around $.40 per foot and it works well. You can buy a new CD or DVD with the savings.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Yes the DIY site is overpriced, I picked up the speaker cable on ebay at a steep discount. I actually agree with the earlier post on the WBT's being over priced as well. So I have steered clear and found a german connector made by Viablue. I will post a pic. However they suggest using a crimping collar when terminating. These too are not cheap compared to others but I found a store in oregon that will discount them and ship free of charge no tax. Can't beat that.

Attachments

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Very pretty looking terminations. How much did you end up paying per foot on that 4S11?

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Viablue

The speaker connectors above are similar to WBT, quality termination and good asthetics. The best part is they are half the price. about $6.50 a piece.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Not a bad price, though you could've gotten it for 4 bucks cheaper from Westlake Electronic. If you need some more, I'd suggest you shop there. They have the BEST bulk cable prices I've seen.

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
Aliixer said:
The speaker connectors above are similar to WBT, quality termination and good asthetics. The best part is they are half the price. about $6.50 a piece.
Got a link?

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
The link provided by Aliixter has a link to the spec sheet. That's what I used to choose the Techflex size (I think 1/4 or 3/8). I got the cable from Westlake Electronics--best prices on bulk by far; Techflex from Part Express. For connectors, I got the locking banana plugs from Orange County Speaker; they are WBT knockoffs & are nice quality. Check wheir website or ebay for their auctions.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Here is one link to a retail store, however there are better prices out there. just google search viablue. Its a german company I believe. Odd as it may seem, ever day I check the prices, they seem to go up. The spades on the site say 9.00 each. Yet I just emailed them and the banana's were 7.00 each. So for some reason or another the price is going up on these connectors.

http://www.oregondv.com/Viablue_TS_Spade_Connectors.htm

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis