Canadian Record Label being the "Good Guy" against the RIAA :)

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
Ripped from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/27/nettwerk_sues_riaa/

By Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco
Published Friday 27th January 2006 02:32 GMT
Get breaking Reg news straight to your desktop - click here to find out how

Canada's biggest record label, publisher and management company is suing the Recording Industry ***. Of America on behalf of a US family targeted by the lobby group for copyright infringement.

The privately-owned Nettwerk Music Group is intervening, it says, because the songs downloaded and identified by the RIAA by the Gruebel family include Avril Lavigne, a Nettwerk management client.

"The current actions of the RIAA are not in my artists' best interests," said Nettwerk chief executive Terry McBride in a prepared statement.

"Litigation is not 'artist development'. Litigation is a deterrent to creativity and passion and it is hurting the business I love".

McBride said the RIAA has "misapplied" the law and that lawsuits should be a "shield, not a sword".

Chicago lawyers Mudd will defend the Gruebels. The RIAA has demanded the family pay a $9,000 penalty, reduced to $4,500 if they pay up promptly. Nettwerk has vowed to foot the legal bill if it loses the case. ®

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
...and only just yesterday I posted that someone in the industry needs to catch a clue. Glad to see that is happening. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis