Can you recommend a thin white passive sound bar?

C

ChuckvB

Enthusiast
Okay, this is an alternative to the post below for an active soundbar that works with a receiver, in case that's a no-go. Can someone suggest a thinner as it sits on the mantel passive soundbar in white that sounds good just for Center, right, and left for a larger room?

Attachments

C

ChuckvB

Enthusiast
I'm going to go a different direction I've come to realize that a sound bar on this setup will just sound like one speaker given the distance backed sit and size of room. I need to get more separation between the right and left I'm going to put a thread together looking for three separate speakers that I can use with at least the right and left being is hidden as possible or if I have to freestanding traditional. I'm going to start a different thread.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The KEF HTS80003 passive soundbar is closest to having separate speakers, but even 12 feet away it's just not the same as separate speakers. If I was more like 6 feet, it would work fabulously.

I have wall mounted KEF T101's as surrounds and they work extremely well. I'm thinking about going to wall-mounted T301's for the front three, though it's really just a case of 'if I come across some for cheap' when I happen to have money in my pocket. Very low priority.

C

ChuckvB

Enthusiast
I've come to the same conclusion. At the distance back we sit a sound bar would just sound like one central source. I'm going to go with three separate speakers and I've opened a thread for non obtrusive speaker ideas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis