Can you please help me?

H

heliopause42

Audiophyte
Hi there Audioholics!

I recently got a deal on a pair of JBL Northridge E90 floorstanding speakers, and a JBL LC1 center speaker, for a home theatre setup (movies and music). The seller let me take them to check if they work (he said they do but couldn't demo), and if so I will Venmo him $100 after confirmation. To the eye, they are in excellent condition, no scuffs or scratches, and the woofers and tweeters look great. I still haven't listened to them. Can anyone comment on these speakers and is it a good deal?

I still don't have a receiver, I've been looking at these two Denons, and keeping my eye out for a good deal on craigslist. I was hoping to get some suggestions on a receiver that would be good for these speakers. I plan on getting an SVS SB-1000 or RSL Speedwoofer at some point. I don't want to spend much more than $400 on a receiver. I really want WiFi on the receiver that I get (long story). I would really appreciate any advice this community can provide. Thanks in advance!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Those could be a decent acquisition if they work. Depends on the terms for not as promised gear. I'm a suspicious bastard and have no idea but venmo seems shady from the start. :) I'd still want an audible demonstration shy of a solid return/refund policy. More rather go for a demo/pickup whenever possible.

H

heliopause42

Audiophyte
Those could be a decent acquisition if they work. Depends on the terms for not as promised gear. I'm a suspicious bastard and have no idea but venmo seems shady from the start. :) I'd still want an audible demonstration shy of a solid return/refund policy. More rather go for a demo/pickup whenever possible.
Hey thanks for your reply! I already have them in my possession, without having paid. Really, no loss for me.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
You should be happy with the JBL. I had their bookshelf E30 back in Spring 2005. I forgot what center channel I had and the side surrounds were E10's.

I might suggest buying the 760 as NEW. If reburbished, will it be covered under factory warranty and can register it on Denons website?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey thanks for your reply! I already have them in my possession, without having paid. Really, no loss for me.
Hope it works out....usually speakers are durable....

As to the avr, those are very similar and the warranty package isn't quite the same....but to look at differences, try this and see if it helps make up your mind.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You should be happy with the JBL. I had their bookshelf E30 back in Spring 2005. I forgot what center channel I had and the side surrounds were E10's.

I might suggest buying the 760 as NEW. If reburbished, will it be covered under factory warranty and can register it on Denons website?
The refurbed 760 has one year Denon warranty and two years of the extension variety A4L sells. You don't need to register on the Denon website....don't know about the extension warranty.

H

heliopause42

Audiophyte
The refurbed 760 has one year Denon warranty and two years of the extension variety A4L sells. You don't need to register on the Denon website....don't know about the extension warranty.
I read up about the company, CPS, that provides the extended warranty. Unsurprisingly, they are not very reputable, and Amazon has the same product for cheaper, with the 1-year Denon warranty. I actually just pulled the trigger on the 760! $30 a month, interest-free. Can't beat that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I read up about the company, CPS, that provides the extended warranty. Unsurprisingly, they are not very reputable, and Amazon has the same product for cheaper, with the 1-year Denon warranty. I actually just pulled the trigger on the 760! $30 a month, interest-free. Can't beat that.
I don't know if any of the "extended warranties" are actually worth much...

ps I get a free extra year warranty just buying via my credit card....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis