Can you name this LCR speaker… again? (original lost in AH crash)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dan they miss your cutout dimensions on your studs by an inch on all 3 those are a no go

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Specs on those JBL

Product highlights:
ideal for use in a custom-installed home theater or in-wall stereo music system
installs horizontally as a center channel, or vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker
dual 8" PolyPlas woofers for crisp bass and articulate midrange
two-position level control cuts low-frequency output to best match your room's acoustics
1" horn-loaded high-frequency compression driver
HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for smooth, uniform response across a wide listening area
three-position level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output
frequency response: 43-20,000 Hz
recommended amplifier power: 50-175 watts RMS
nominal impedance: 6 ohms
sensitivity: 96 dB
includes paintable, zero-bezel magnetic grille
Dimensions and warranty:
cutout dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 20-7/16"H
overall dimensions: 9-15/16"W x 21-9/16"H
mounting depth: 3-3/4"
warranty: 5 years
60-day returns
MFR # JBLS688LCR
Item # 109S688LCR

They are easy to drive and they are very sensitive at 96db if that is measured accurately if it is that is a huge plus

They can get loud without a ton of power which would be a huge benefit for you at your seating distance and they would only cost you $1600. You could get a third one for a center channel under your TV for $2400 for all 3 if you could run it horizontal under your TV if it fit your studs if not the free stander studio 6 center would work and cost you less

Wow they have a scratch and dent one for $379!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For about 2900 for the whole package you could do 2 of the RSL mkii

You can set those up wireless! But since you can flank that cabinet and wires won't matter I'd do the 10e

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeesh the focal too expensive

First choice
The Monoprice THX465 x2 =$1200
With JBL center channel in room 665c =$389
2 RSL 10e subwoofers $600

For $2189 but the 465 may not fit

So second choice my highest ranked choice
2 JBL studio 6 88LCR=$1600
1 JBL in room center channel 665c=$389
2 speedwoofer-10e $600

For $2589

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah none of the monoprice options clear your stud specs so the JBL option #2 is my recommendation!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
P. S. The JBL studio 6 line what has been measured measure very well so they are a great buy for the money OK I'm done I promise :D

M

moonboots

Enthusiast
I'm not surprised they only sounded good out to the carpet those corners on the left with the heater then open to the right but then on the right side all those reflections from that pantry area with the glass on the fridges and wine rack and then that marble top would be an acoustic challenge on your first reflections how far back are you sitting by the way in that picture with those speakers

Can you also give me a Pic of the back of the room? Sorry need to see the whole room to get some ideas
Sure here are two more photos

Attachments

M

moonboots

Enthusiast
Ok so first thoughts

If we go with in walls you will need to purchase a center channel honestly you'd need a center channel with towers those speakers are too close together to do good imaging you'll need a center to help with this and to help with output as it looks like your sitting a good distance back

How's your sub situation because at those distances your going to need a sub minimum to route the lfe to take the burden of any speakers carrying the full range your just sitting to far back for that

When you said 34 inches high on your studs is their a reason for that is their a stud running crosswise that limits your height?

Because your going to need some pretty potent in wall speakers to be able to give you good spl at your seated position if your sitting that far back
I'm not sure why 34" is the max though there is elecrtical and HVAC below which could be a factor.

I never listen at reference levels, even when the neighbours are away on vacation.

M

moonboots

Enthusiast
Is their anyway to rearrange the setup? Or does WAF dictate you need to have it setup in that corner specifically
I've thought about reorienting the room but it's still not great. The current setup already has a niche built into the wall for the tv which luckily fit perfectly. Reorienting to the cement paneled wall would be more realistic without the gas stove but even still there's only about 8 or 9 feet from the wall to the back of the furthest chair.

M

moonboots

Enthusiast
The second ones the THX 465IW's are my top pick they are on sale just $1200 a pair plenty of left over coin for subs and a center channel
I wish these would fit! so close. Sadly I only have 9.125 of width. Could check with my handyman about chopping into the studs a bit.

M

moonboots

Enthusiast
Yeesh the focal too expensive

First choice
The Monoprice THX465 x2 =$1200
With JBL center channel in room 665c =$389
2 RSL 10e subwoofers $600

For $2189 but the 465 may not fit

So second choice my highest ranked choice
2 JBL studio 6 88LCR=$1600
1 JBL in room center channel 665c=$389
2 speedwoofer-10e $600

For $2589
Oh wow lots to check out! I do have a subwoofer… two at my disposal so I think my low end is covered. Thanks so much!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Are you sure they are not speakercraft? They were so popular for a while.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I wish these would fit! so close. Sadly I only have 9.125 of width. Could check with my handyman about chopping into the studs a bit.
Thanks for the extra room pics!!! That makes a lot more sense why your set up where you are

If you don't listen to reference and your only about 9 feet back the THX465 would be overkill anyway

And you have subs BADA$$ saves you money

I do feel those JBL studio 6 88LCR and the Studio 6 in room center channel the JBL 665c
Would be great for that spot and your listening levels especially since they have high sensitivity that would cost you $1989

If you want to keep it all in walls you could do 3 JBL 88LCR with 1 set up horizontal under the TV that would cost you $2400 I just don't know if the horizontal 88LCR under your TV would work in between the studs right their it's why I prefer the 665c it can be on the entertainment center that makes it a lot easier

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis