Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For a Beretta 694 Sporting in 30". About a month ago, the wife got a Beratta A400 xcel. I tell ya, she is one heck of a sporting clays competitor. I needed all the help I could get.
The A400 is a great gun, I know, I'll be shooting mine tomorrow (100 bird course). My buddy's wife shoots in our squad and she has no trouble hanging with the 'boys' !

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And what kind of people would want to kill 50+ people?

When was an actual machine gun used in a mass shooting?
The mentally ill.

Has not been, but I wouldn't want new ones in circulation LOL.

Some bizarre questions there.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It does happen with illegally modified machine guns but it’s rare. I don’t think a bump stock has ever been used in a murder although one was present in the Las Vegas shooting it wasn’t used.

Everything I own is customized for personal taste but as you said none of it makes a firearm more or less deadly. I would like to see suppressors completely legalized and encouraged due to the fact they only make firearms hearing safe and it’s better for wildlife when used outdoors. Europe it’s mandatory in many places for hunting.
You're pretty retarded if you own a machine gun and use it as a civilian. An older one for a collector might be alright though.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why should you be allowed to decide if people can do something? You don't get to control 334 million peoples' actions and interests and neither do I.

As long as the parameters are legal and the results don't harm anyone on their own, the problem isn't with the things, it's people who cause the problems.

If someone finds a way to sharpen knives better than anyone in human history, should they be denied the opportunity? As long as they aren't promoting violence, I think not but since you want gun control, look at the rest of the World to see that they have big problems with knife attacks-

I never said I wanted a ban on ALL guns. I said there's a reason we have gun control: to also protect society from gun owner impulses. I said since the parameters are being pushed, that's why there's a limit. Because gun owners could not with the utmost confidence make a sound judgement on new machine guns etc.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t think a bump stock has ever been used in a murder although one was present in the Las Vegas shooting it wasn’t used.
You’ve a credible link that none of the dozen or so bump stocks where used in the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Because you pass a BC doesn't mean we should undo the ban on new machine guns being manufactured. Nor letting the states decide on new MG's.:rolleyes:

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
You’ve a credible link that none of the dozen or so bump stocks where used in the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting?
There are no credible links because LE won’t say other than “He may have used accessories like bump-stocks”.

There are a couple photos in circulation of a couple firearms in the hotel room, one of which is an AK-47 with a bump stock but from the audio I never heard an AK. The news reports are all garbage like the report of a semi auto rifle with a bump stock and bipod, the photos don’t show that and a bipod wouldn’t let a bump stock function. There’s really only two photos of the hotel room with firearms then the rest are just random photos news agencies used for effect.

Bump stocks don’t create a consistent rate of fire and often cause a jam. Most the rifles were AR pattern rifles which are gas impingement, they have a gas port on the barrel, gas’s tube which pushes the bolt carrier back against a weighted. Buffer and spring cycling the weapon. This is why bump stocks are garbage, reliability of the weapon goes way down and you can’t properly shoulder the rifle for accuracy.

Many other ways to make an AR patter rifle full auto. Easiest way is simply by a full auto sear and trigger pack online, nobody does it because it’s 10 years in club fed if you’re caught. As far as legal machine guns it’s really the full auto sear that is serialized and if you legally own one you can put it in any rifle that it fits into. Also if you legally possess a full auto sear you can order replacement parts to repair it along with the triggers. This is infinitely more likely what was used than a bump stock and law enforcement simply didn’t report it because most Americans would have a meltdown like you’re about to learning how easy it is and that the parts are less than $50, can be ordered online without any documentation and nearly untraceable by law enforcement.

edit add: woke up in the middle of the night and there’s some errors in my post but I’ll let em stand

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
You're pretty retarded if you own a machine gun and use it as a civilian. An older one for a collector might be alright though.
Please read the highlighted sections, come back after your head explodes. No, dude didn’t use a stupid bump stock
IMG_7956.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There are no credible links because LE won’t say other than “He may have used accessories like bump-stocks”.

There are a couple photos in circulation of a couple firearms in the hotel room, one of which is an AK-47 with a bump stock but from the audio I never heard an AK. The news reports are all garbage like the report of a semi auto rifle with a bump stock and bipod, the photos don’t show that and a bipod wouldn’t let a bump stock function. There’s really only two photos of the hotel room with firearms then the rest are just random photos news agencies used for effect.

Bump stocks don’t create a consistent rate of fire and often cause a jam. Most the rifles were AR pattern rifles which are gas impingement, they have a gas port on the barrel, gas’s tube which pushes the bolt carrier back against a weighted. Buffer and spring cycling the weapon. This is why bump stocks are garbage, reliability of the weapon goes way down and you can’t properly shoulder the rifle for accuracy.

Many other ways to make an AR patter rifle full auto. Easiest way is simply by a full auto sear and trigger pack online, nobody does it because it’s 10 years in club fed if you’re caught. As far as legal machine guns it’s really the full auto sear that is serialized and if you legally own one you can put it in any rifle that it fits into. Also if you legally possess a full auto sear you can order replacement parts to repair it along with the triggers. This is infinitely more likely what was used than a bump stock and law enforcement simply didn’t report it because most Americans would have a meltdown like you’re about to learning how easy it is and that the parts are less than $50, can be ordered online without any documentation and nearly untraceable by law enforcement.
So no credible link that bump stock was not used. Do you have a credible link for your new claim that ‘LE won’t say other than “He may have used accessories like bump-stocks”’? And the claim that law enforcement suppressed reporting that another modification was used to modify a firearm to be automatic?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So no credible link that bump stock was not used. Do you have a credible link for your new claim that ‘LE won’t say other than “He may have used accessories like bump-stocks”’? And the claim that law enforcement suppressed reporting that another modification was used to modify a firearm to be automatic?
No but I have eyeballs and there are photos. I have ears and heard the recordings.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Damn, I never saw this before…

“California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told NPR on Tuesday that an FBI briefing revealed that Paddock had some fully automatic weapons in his hotel room.”

Satisfied?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Please read the highlighted sections, come back after your head explodes. No, dude didn’t use a stupid bump stock
View attachment 68190
I wouldn't know what to say to you. You down voted this.....

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I wouldn't know what to say to you. You down voted this.....

Well seeing as you can only legally own an older machine gun, according to your argument nobody who owns one is retarded.

This is really telling about your and others like you feelings toward law abiding Americans enjoying a totally legal constitutionally protected right.

I’m going to say one thing and then I’m done with you on this topic. Your only argument is your personal feelings and I along with about 100 million other Americans don’t give a s—t about your feelings. Go feel however you want but it changes nothing other than your blood pressure, guns aren’t going anywhere. The 100 million gun owning Americans literally own half the firearms on planet earth, nobody is coming for them.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well seeing as you can only legally own an older machine gun, according to your argument nobody who owns one is retarded.

This is really telling about your and others like you feelings toward law abiding Americans enjoying a totally legal constitutionally protected right.

I’m going to say one thing and then I’m done with you on this topic. Your only argument is your personal feelings and I along with about 100 million other Americans don’t give a s—t about your feelings. Go feel however you want but it changes nothing other than your blood pressure, guns aren’t going anywhere. The 100 million gun owning Americans literally own half the firearms on planet earth, nobody is coming for them.
Legal doesn't always mean sane. There's nothing sane about using a machine gun as a civilian. It's a military weapon. A collector who has an older one stored in their case, I don't have a problem with. Sensible gun ownership is handguns, rifles, shotguns, bows etc. Self-defense, clays, hunting, target practice. Nothing wrong there.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

“California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told NPR on Tuesday that an FBI briefing revealed that Paddock had some fully automatic weapons in his hotel room.”

Satisfied?
Well here is the actual police list of the guns found in Paddocks hotel room and at his home(s). And yes bump stop equipped.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Well here is the actual police list of the guns found in Paddocks hotel room and at his home(s). And yes bump stop equipped.

I found numerous reports of different firearms in almost every news report. While the one you referenced appears to be the most concise many of the model firearms listed don’t exist. They could very well be typos, but I really don’t know.I

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Satisfied?
Apparently it was bump stock, as this quote from the link in your quote above above shows. After some googling I've seen nowhere that non-modified fully automatic was used in the Las Vegas mass shooting.

>>>SHAPIRO: You can. And the Associated Press reported overnight quoting officials familiar with the investigation that there were two semi-automatic rifles in the hotel room that had been converted with something called a bump stock. They're kits that you can buy online and generally for less than a few hundred dollars that convert semi-automatic weapons into automatic ones or something close to an automatic one.<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis