Can a High End Receiver compete with High End Separates

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
There is a poll on Separates vs AVR. You can see that about 50% of the voting members (55 total votes) think that if the price is about the same, then the sound quality is also about the same.

If the sound quality is the same then why pay triple the price for high end separates? When you could get a flagship or high end receiver.
Do separates last much longer ?
You can use separate amps with most good high end Avr .... so why not do both ???
I’m more of a beginner my only decent Avr was onkyo 818 . And I’m greatly impressed for what it costed new amazing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well

I waited to long to continue watching it. Kids in bed usually by 8:30 est and she doesn’t want them having problems falling asleep.

It cool though. She watched Aquaman, Equalizer 2 and Venom with me and said it’s totally different in the room then being upstairs! Stupid sub floor is one sheet of 5/8 plywood and hardwood on top in main living room. All the other floors have double 5/8 plywood to reduce creeks except that living room floor. I have the ceiling insulated to deaden the sound and the walls.

Let’s face it subs like to make there presence know. Hard to contain all that pressure.

The diaphragmatic effect :p he he, luv it.
So you have like a Frank Lloyd Wright setup with a creek running thru the house? :) Creaks with wood flooring go hand in hand IME :)

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
So you have like a Frank Lloyd Wright setup with a creek running thru the house? :) Creaks with wood flooring go hand in hand IME :)
Spelling is not my strongest suit! At least when I talk in person no one ever asked me was that creek or creak? Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Spelling is not my strongest suit! At least when I talk in person no one ever asked me was that creek or creak? Lol
That's the thing about written vs verbal....especially in English afaik. Just struck me as funny but I grew up a spelling champ too....

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
That's the thing about written vs verbal....especially in English afaik. Just struck me as funny but I grew up a spelling champ too....
Yeah I was scorned for spelling plane instead of the correct spelling plain! Oh well at least I knew what I meant o_O

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
HTfreek2004... lol
See I learned something new today. Lovinthehd is planning on critiquing my spelling and Pogre is ready with the popcorn when I make misuse of my spelling! I’ll be watching you gentlemen;):p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
See I learned something new today. Lovinthehd is planning on critiquing my spelling and Pogre is ready with the popcorn when I make misuse of my spelling! I’ll be watching you gentlemen;):p
Don't forget your general wielding of the language thus pogre and my questions as to what the truck you were talking abut (Canadian there for ya).

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I was scorned for spelling plane instead of the correct spelling plain! Oh well at least I knew what I meant o_O
Well that’s fine. If you’re talking to yourself....

Btw, that’s because you responded like smartass to me. I really actually didn’t know what you were trying to say. It was NOT plain English. It was a cluster Fukk. But you no wut you ment...
Didn’t know you had a lisp. Thought it was a French Canadian thing.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Don't forget your general wielding of the language thus pogre and my questions as to what the truck you were talking abut (Canadian there for ya).
Not sure if the Audioholics website prefers US spelling or Canadian honestly. I’m a slang trucker and still am. Not ashamed of my craft:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
At least he answered you guys. I got some $hit about statement being in inglesh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure if the Audioholics website prefers US spelling or Canadian honestly. I’m a slang trucker and still am. Not ashamed of my craft:D
WTF is a slang trucker in Canada? You particularly are involved with some extraction technique or one of these dangerous road things? Or just liking our drumphy boy?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Well that’s fine. If you’re talking to yourself....

Btw, that’s because you responded like smartass to me. I really actually didn’t know what you were trying to say. It was NOT plain English. It was a cluster Fukk. But you no wut you ment...
Didn’t know you had a lisp. Thought it was a French Canadian thing.
Not a French bone in this body and actually despise the language.

By the way let’s not cry over spilt milk. If you felt taken back by our little squabble imagine once in a while how your post make another feel.

It’s not a pretty game we’re playing, you need to have backbone, strong shoulders and mental toughness not just here but everywhere else in life.

Don’t expect an apology. Let’s just leave it in the past and agree or disagree when applicable either way I’m glad I’m at least graduating to Smart Ass!:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not a French bone in this body and actually despise the language.

By the way let’s not cry over spilt milk. If you felt taken back by our little squabble imagine once in a while how your post make another feel.

It’s not a pretty game we’re playing, you need to have backbone, strong shoulders and mental toughness not just here but everywhere else in life.

Don’t expect an apology. Let’s just leave it in the past and agree or disagree when applicable either way I’m glad I’m at least graduating to Smart Ass!:D
Lmao...so you think I was a dikk to someone else, so you can be one to me? I see, you’re like the forum avenger or something.

Btw, I’m not crying over anything. YOU are the one who brought up the “plane” thing. In this very thread.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Lmao...so you think I was a dikk to someone else, so you can be one to me? I see, you’re like the forum avenger or something.

Btw, I’m not crying over anything. YOU are the one who brought up the “plane” thing. In this very thread.
;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The only thing I was debating was whether adding ANY Amp (all classes) and Electronics into another component (whether it’s a preamp, AVP, speaker, sub) would theoretically increase Heat Production and Complexity.

Question: with all things being equal, which component is theoretically more complex and has potentially more heat production?

A. Passive subwoofer without any internal crossovers, amps, DSP, and EQ

B. Active subwoofer with internal crossovers, amps, DSP, and EQ
In cased you missed my earlier, post.. Pioneer have used class D amps in their AVRs in the past. Arguement is now relavent and back on track. ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why does the amp type matter particularly? If properly designed gear....
Read the last sentence to which I quoted in my post.

If one is to compare 'heat' generated in an AVR vs that in a powered speaker, one had better be comparing 'apples to apples' ie Class of amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis