Calling on RBH T1/T2 owners for preferred config

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Been messing with a wonderful problem. I’ve got a new pair of SX-T2 speakers in my environment. There are so many ways to configure.

I do a lot of two channel, and desired to have a full 16hz-22khz for stereo. I have two SA-400 amps driving the bases. I have my receivers high level output going into the SA, through the 100 Hz filter that runs the upper towers, then out to the subs.

I’ve configured my receiver to a 5.0 system, and so far it seems to scratch my itch for low end. I’ve also mused over allowing the uppers to run full signal, then set a 50hz crossover and set the sub bases as dedicated subs, but I would loose my full stereo low end.
I had a very powerful pro amp powering the bases, but the low end was so weak I could never strike a balance between the upper tower and the subs. I’ve ordered a device that will allow for higher voltage to pass in to the amp, but the SA-400 amps seem to be more than adequate.

Im just looking at what folks are doing out there. Thx

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have five of these modular towers in my HT room.

My Yamaha CX-A5100's Subwoofer outputs (manual Sub EQ for 20Hz-80Hz) go to my ATI AT2005 amp, which powers the five SX-1010's. The Yamaha MX-A5000 powers the rest of the speakers. So my speaker configuration is 5.1.4.

I set all my XO's in my Yamaha to 120Hz for all 9 speakers.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Very interesting thx. So far, I have the best frequency response by splitting my Pioneer VSX-59txi main out, with one line going back in so the upper towers are powered by the receiver, then run the other l/r lines in to my two SA-400 sub amps. I use the amps adjustable crossover as needed. I used a phone app to see if there were any problems.
I wanted to use my crown pro amp but the output was too low. I bought a device that gives me an in-line amplifier to bump it up. We shall see. Thx again.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Very interesting thx. So far, I have the best frequency response by splitting my Pioneer VSX-59txi main out, with one line going back in so the upper towers are powered by the receiver, then run the other l/r lines in to my two SA-400 sub amps. I use the amps adjustable crossover as needed. I used a phone app to see if there were any problems.
I wanted to use my crown pro amp but the output was too low. I bought a device that gives me an in-line amplifier to bump it up. We shall see. Thx again.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, that’s how I connect my SX-T2/R and SVT towers.

Connect speaker wire to top cabinets (mid/treble).

Connect Sub (LFE) output to External amp, then speaker wire from external amp to bottom cabinets (bass).

Set all my speakers to Small.

Set XO in pre-pro to 80-120Hz.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Been messing with a wonderful problem. I’ve got a new pair of SX-T2 speakers in my environment. There are so many ways to configure.

I do a lot of two channel, and desired to have a full 16hz-22khz for stereo. I have two SA-400 amps driving the bases. I have my receivers high level output going into the SA, through the 100 Hz filter that runs the upper towers, then out to the subs.

I’ve configured my receiver to a 5.0 system, and so far it seems to scratch my itch for low end. I’ve also mused over allowing the uppers to run full signal, then set a 50hz crossover and set the sub bases as dedicated subs, but I would loose my full stereo low end.
I had a very powerful pro amp powering the bases, but the low end was so weak I could never strike a balance between the upper tower and the subs. I’ve ordered a device that will allow for higher voltage to pass in to the amp, but the SA-400 amps seem to be more than adequate.

Im just looking at what folks are doing out there. Thx
Those speakers look like a. Wall of sound must be amazing ..
I’m unsure what your doing are those subwoofers on the bottom or bass modules ??
Must cost a small fortune look similar to newer infinity connoisseurs drivers .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Those speakers look like a. Wall of sound must be amazing ..
I’m unsure what your doing are those subwoofers on the bottom or bass modules ??
Must cost a small fortune look similar to newer infinity connoisseurs drivers .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them
With the proper quality of components, they absolutely stun the listener with a massive sound stage, tremendous speed with transients. The bases house four 10” Reference class drivers that puts pressure waves right through the roof, I know because it freaked out my roofers. As for cost, I could never afford such a beast if it was not for RBH having a garage sale.
I’ve never heard a set of speakers like these. The entire room disappears. They are really something special. I expect my days of chasing the audio rainbow are done. I won’t ever top what I have now. I’ve been so lucky.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I’ve returned the system to the subs being driven with the LFE signal and the crossovers set to 100 Hz. I don’t feel I’m missing much by loosing the stereo subs vs LFE. I played with bi-wiring with an additional amp but bagged it. I can’t tell a difference.

This boys make one hell of a speaker.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The entire room disappears.
You know everything "disappears" when you no longer even think about the speakers. You actually take them for granted because they're so awesome. They are now the strongest "link" the chain. :D

So you can now focus on other things like 4K Projectors, 4K movies, TV shows, if you're into that kind of thing. :D

C

CoryW

Audioholic
You know everything "disappears" when you no longer even think about the speakers. You actually take them for granted because they're so awesome. They are now the strongest "link" the chain. :D

So you can now focus on other things like 4K Projectors, 4K movies, TV shows, if you're into that kind of thing. :D
Beautifully said.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Or concentrate on buying content to enjoy it with :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis