Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
It's not bad - I wouldn't give it rave reviews, but so far I've been playing the campaign - the thing that bugged me though is the non-linear story-line; halfway through after taking the airfield at Iwo Jima, suddenly I'm a Russian, fighting my way through Nazi patrols? :confused: I haven't gotten much beyond that point yet, and as a relative non-gamer, I'm very pleased with the look and controls of the game (but then again, I'm only comparing this to my old original Xbox, which I rarely ever played anyway). :) Taken in that context, it is superb, and I know nothing of the previous COD versions; never played them - this was the first game I picked up for the PS3. ;)

G

GZA

Junior Audioholic
i liked the game. i thought it looked great and was very fun. only thing i didnt like was the guns that take forever to load. i have never played any WW2 games before so i enjoyed this one.

-plus nazi zombies is the most fun i have ever had playing a game. my and my friend played that for hours one day trying to see what the highest level we could reach was.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
-plus nazi zombies is the most fun i have ever had playing a game. my and my friend played that for hours one day trying to see what the highest level we could reach was.
I have heard about the Nazi Zombies bonus game - I can't wait to get there! A buddy of mine says it's crazy fun!! :)

G

GZA

Junior Audioholic
I have heard about the Nazi Zombies bonus game - I can't wait to get there! A buddy of mine says it's crazy fun!! :)
it is crazy fun. but you have to play online or with a friend because 1 player sucks. you cant get very far and its more work then fun

duffy0401

Audiophyte
I've only been playing for a few days at this point but I've really enjoyed the game so for. I really bought it for the on-line play. I loved COD4 and have been playing it for the past year.

I hope to enjoy COD5 as much. The on-line play seems to be better then the last only because I find the maps to be larger and the fact that they have tanks to use is really cool.:p

Chris

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
COD5 was fun, I haven't played it online yet, but overall I enjoyed COD4 more. There were a few missions that I enjoyed more than thier equivalents in COD4 (i.e. the sinpping mission), but that wasn't the majority.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I'mnt finished yet, but I have to say I'm enjoying it. But like some other people have said There hasn't been many moments when I'm like Holy S**t that was amazing. The graphics and sound are top notch as usual. I haven't been online yet but I played the beta and ws addicted so I'm sure that will still hold true. I know many people are tired of WWII but I really haven't grow tired yet, its just a great back drop to a shooter.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I did pick it up when target had it for $40 after Christmas. I have played through single player, which was pretty good, and I have played the coop campaign as well, which is fun. Online is the best though.

If anyone wants to play online, add me to your friends.

PS3 ID - jwenthold

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I have this game for PS3 and it is great, I can only say that for playing Online since i have never played vs the computer.
Once you start online you will never play vs the computer it is just night and day.
One thing i do notice when i play this game is i get no sound out of my center channel speaker.
I have it setup for 5.1 and nothing comes out of the center not sure why.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
One thing i do notice when i play this game is i get no sound out of my center channel speaker.
I have it setup for 5.1 and nothing comes out of the center not sure why.
I have not played COD5 but I am guessing they mixed the sound without much use (if any) of the centre channel. Halo 3 is an example of a game where the developers decided to use the centre speaker for only dialogue in cut scenes:mad:. It was such a poor decision on Bungies part, the centre channel was so under utilized for that game. In game the centre channel is silent :mad:.

T

tyman71491

Audiophyte
I believe that Call of Duty 5 was a waste of money. My brother bought it for 360 even though we had COD4. I believe that COD4 is a much better game as I like the modern guns. All these old games are terrible.

C

ChilliPalmer

Audiophyte
zombies mode is great. Other than that I was slightly disappointed. Ill be waiting for cod modern warfare 2. Back to infinity ward, I always expect better from them anyways.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
http://gamerlimit.com/2009/02/new-title-update-and-makin-day-for-cod-waw/

Xbox 360 and PS3 owners of Call of Duty: World at War who sign in today will see the latest title update, along with the addition of Makin “Day”; a daytime version of a current MP map.

When you turn on your Xbox 360 or PS3 today and pop in World at War, you will be happy to find a nice surprise from Treyarch. Our latest Title Update / Patch has just gone LIVE, and with it some exciting new changes!

There are many different things we’ve addressed in this update, but the most exciting (and pictured below) is the addition of a new map! A daytime version of MP Makin - Makin Day - is coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 absolutely FREE! Aside from the new dynamic the sunlight adds to the experience, some paths and cover have been modified to change-up the gameplay a bit. If you’re a PS3 player, you’ll get Makin Day when you patch. Xbox 360 players can download it from the XBL Marketplace once you sign into the game & Xbox LIVE and get the update.

JD 2020, community manager at Treyarch, gave the following list of pertinent items that were addressed in this title update.

Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
Improved geographical matchmaking.
Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
Improved squad functionality.
Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

A nice little update.... took too long to get it out though!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Call of Duty 5 isn't out yet, it will be the sequel to Modern Combat, what most people refer to as COD 5 is really COD: World At War, and I still need to finish the campaign on both games.

shenaniganz

shenaniganz

Junior Audioholic
It is the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series .
I think that would make it Call of Duty 5....

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
It is the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series .
I think that would make it Call of Duty 5....
It'll be interesting to see how that works. Will the next modern warfare be CoD 6?

I like both W@W and 4. I'm better at W@W tho, I think I like the older weapons better, takes more work to kill.

shenaniganz

shenaniganz

Junior Audioholic
I think I like the older weapons better, takes more work to kill.

Most people didn’t like world at war cuz they went back to their roots and did another world war 2 theme. I like it for the reason you just said. I actually had to practice and work at getting better with the weapons. You don’t just get a laser sight point shoot. It takes time.. But I can’t wait for the next game. I can tell you now it will be Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. But it will be talked about as the 6th installment.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I didn't think the single player campaign was that good in COD4 either. Multiplayer was what was/is so fun.
I really enjoyed COD4's single player. Good variety of gameplay and settings although the way it jumped around the storylines could be a bit awkward.

Have not played COD5, not really planning to get it but maybe if it's in the bargain bin in the future. The COD4 engine is a pretty good one so I'm sure it looks nice but I've played enough WW2 shooters now that I'd like variety. Battlefield Vietnam really gave an interesting peek at what the genre could do in that setting but obviously more can be done with that and be done better. I'd like to see Vietnam explored as well as many various other scenarios.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis