Cadence Xsub Reveiws.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
sorry about the title, I had to throw down a little family guy. Anywho, is the Xsub, the subwoofer you use, or do you just happen to have one that you take apart? I'm upgrading to a velodyne DLS-5000R in 4 weeks or so, I was going energy, but I got a better deal on the velo, plus, 15inches, gotta have some fluff to talk about right? :D

sheep
I use an XSUB for now. The only reason I ordered it was because of their awesome car audio subs. They are right up there with the JL's IMO. I had a punchy Velodyne 10" that I got rid of. My next sub will probably be a Martin Logan triple 10, unless I find something I like better. I've yet to hear the new JL Audio HT subs.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
yeah, JL mmmmmmm

I havent heard them either, I don't even think they are out yet, or am I mistaken?
What velodyne did you have, and did it follow the given frequency response? I'm looking at a velodyne, and I want to know if they are correct or not.

sheep

irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
Jl Audio Ht Subs!!!

The Gotham and the Fathom OMG!!! 3,500 watts rms...of jl audio power...they are gong to be sooooooooooooooo crazy loud........

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
Does Cadence have a web site??

Hey guys, I've been googling but can't find any web site for Cadence. Do they even have one? All I see is links to these posts here and ebay auctions. I tried cadenceaudio.com but it doesn't seem to be the same company (it's a high end audio company selling very esoteric speakers, from India).

And do you know of anywhere to get them online other than ubid or ebay?

thanks
Jeff

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
einsteinjb said:
Hey guys, I've been googling but can't find any web site for Cadence. Do they even have one? All I see is links to these posts here and ebay auctions. I tried cadenceaudio.com but it doesn't seem to be the same company (it's a high end audio company selling very esoteric speakers, from India).

And do you know of anywhere to get them online other than ubid or ebay?

thanks
Jeff
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/homeaudio_detail.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=192

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
einsteinjb said:
Why thank you! :)
.....youse are most welcome, EinsteinJB, and have a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll for me there in Philadelphia, haha....I wish those stores were down South....

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
mulester7 said:
.....youse are most welcome, EinsteinJB, and have a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll for me there in Philadelphia, haha....I wish those stores were down South....
LOL. For dessert after my Philly cheesesteak, I'll have one with a nice cuppa Wawa coffee! (or maybe a famous Philly pretzel...) :)

R

Rÿche 1

Audioholic
I'm not paying $50 shipping off their website...I'm waiting for them to come back on ubid...

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Rÿche 1 said:
I'm not paying $50 shipping off their website...I'm waiting for them to come back on ubid...
Their back on ebay, though they raised the price to 249.00 I believe

I must say I'm much happier now with the sub than I was. :)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
irishmcmorgan said:
I have heard the JBL e250p and this blows it away. And again my bass knob is turned half way and my volume is half way so you get the point.
I find this hard to beleive. But no big deal, I am on a quest for best under 300 sub. At the moment I have the JBL E250p, and on its way in about 4 days is the H100 (Dr. Hsu Acoustech), these 2 will be compared next to each other, I will keep the winner. Then will get the X-sub to compare against the winner. But I may go ahead and have all 3 here for subjective tests. Ah what the heck, you only live once.... All 3 it is... The one that is rated to hit the lowest is the H100 (24hz), however Buck PM'ed me and made a good statement, the JBL over the H100 may have a higher spl range.... We will see.

These tests may go as far as outside in a large back yard over looking a canal.
So this would be closer to anechoicly correct. However there are other houses over 150ft away, I can only do so much....

Last edited:
Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
brian32672-

Looking forward to the outcome of your tests...Keep us posted!

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Mr. Lamb Fries said:
brian32672-

Looking forward to the outcome of your tests...Keep us posted!
Me too, as I own the xsub and would like to see how it compares to others in it's price range. By the way Brian what do you do with the extra subs? recievers? etc. Sell them on Ebay? :eek:

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
droeses58 said:
By the way Brian what do you do with the extra subs? recievers? etc. Sell them on Ebay? :eek:
So far I either keep them, or give them to family members...

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I wish someone who owns a Cadence X-Sub would run full-range L&R signals to the sub out of the pre-outs of the receiver, and take the range UP toward the 250 hz choosable on the sub's crossover, and report how high the range can be taken before what is produced is unacceptable....yep, that's what I wish.....

.....edit....there's a green chicklet involved here, haha......

Last edited:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
craigsub said:
For a link to some real world measurments of the Xsub ...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=571552

I don't know of an under $300 sub that competes ...
Very interesting Craig. Thanks.... I'm sure not, but by chance have you had or tested the E250p, H100, or S120PII???
This way, I could bypass tests. J/K.
Certainly gives me something to do.... Do you use the Pro version of TrueRTA?

You say, you do not know of a -300 sub that competes. Question is, curious how many subs in this range have you tested? I know you have tested a lot, of the 500+ subs....

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
brian32672 said:
Very interesting Craig. Thanks.... I'm sure not, but by chance have you had or tested the E250p, H100, or S120PII???
This way, I could bypass tests. J/K.
Certainly gives me something to do.... Do you use the Pro version of TrueRTA?

You say, you do not know of a -300 sub that competes. Question is, curious how many subs in this range have you tested? I know you have tested a lot, of the 500+ subs....
We have had the STF-1 here. My statement about competing was taken from Wayne F's test of the PB10-ISD, the JBL's and a couple other subwoofers that were not even close.

I use the TrueRTA Level 4 software.

Actually, That fact you are testing all these subwoofers directly against each other is very cool.

I look forward to your results. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis