B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
Has anyone heard these speakers? Thoughts? I am hearing nice things but wondered what other speakers in this price range ($4000) are also worth looking at?

T

TheStalker

Banned
Fantastic sound! I've listened to so many speakers recently and would have a hard time finding anything that sounds better in this price range.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
Check out the Kef R700 or R900. Supercharged Songtowers or Veracity HT2 TL from Salk.

And definitely look at the Philharmonic 3 if you have the space for a slightly larger speakers.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I listened to the CM9's a a few years back and very much liked the sound. I made some positive comments here on Audioholics about them.
I'm not as familiar with the CM10's but having listened to several in the CM line, and having owned two variations on the 801's, I can make some educated guesses.

I think you'll do better with the Salk RT lines. All of what you love about the CM, but more. At least take a look. My next purchase is likely a Veracity ST, and I'd certainly point you there to start.

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
I listened to the CM9's a a few years back and very much liked the sound. I made some positive comments here on Audioholics about them.
I'm not as familiar with the CM10's but having listened to several in the CM line, and having owned two variations on the 801's, I can make some educated guesses.

I think you'll do better with the Salk RT lines. All of what you love about the CM, but more. At least take a look. My next purchase is likely a Veracity ST, and I'd certainly point you there to start.
Thanks

I actually listened to the CM 10's. I thought they sounded great. Much improved over the cm9's I think. I will try and listen to the Salks. Everyone raves about them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Has anyone heard these speakers? Thoughts? I am hearing nice things but wondered what other speakers in this price range ($4000) are also worth looking at?
Well, since your name is BWguy, you pretty much have to buy B&W. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Fantastic sound! I've listened to so many speakers recently and would have a hard time finding anything that sounds better in this price range.
Nothing sounds better for $4K, huh? :D Which speakers have you compared them to? Of course, I totally respect your opinion because I know everyone has a different perspective. That's why everyone owns different speakers.

E

English210

Audioholic
I heard the 9's a while back and was under-whelmed. I heard about the 10's and went for a listen and was very impressed. I've heard more expensive speakers sound worse, and after the CM10's, I heard a pair of 804D's again, in an admittedly worse room (crowded with other speakers, to close to wall, etc), and thought the 10's are going to dent sales of the 804's!! The staging was wide, high, and deep, I was impressed. I've heard and liked the PSB Imagine T2's @ 3500, and the CM10's were better in many ways, if not all, and the Synchrony 1's at $5500 would be sweating too. IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc....

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
Yes when I listened to the CM 10's I was impressed, although I have not listened to that many higher end speakers. I have been trying to audition the Salk HT 2-TL but I can't seem to find any owners in NE Indiana

T

TheStalker

Banned
I wouldn't worry too much about listening to products from all of the internet direct companies. B&W makes amazing speakers and their CM line is filled with gems. You can also check out the new Venere line from Sonus Faber, the new Aria line from Focal, and the new Excite line from Dynaudio. All of these are reputable and established companies. You should have no problem to find local dealers for audion. Between these four companies, you should be able to hear some of the very best speakers on the market at any price.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Yes when I listened to the CM 10's I was impressed, although I have not listened to that many higher end speakers. I have been trying to audition the Salk HT 2-TL but I can't seem to find any owners in NE Indiana
I assume you dropped an email to Jim Salk? He is happy to help hook up people looking to audition with owners willing to help.

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
I assume you dropped an email to Jim Salk? He is happy to help hook up people looking to audition with owners willing to help.
Yes, we have had several emails back and forth. He is trying, but has been unsuccessful in making contact with anyone with his speakers in my area (northeast Indiana).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis