Building another set from Minimus 7's

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I am building another pair of Minimus 7's. These are nice walnut cabs with the usual M&K tweeters, original woofers, terminals from Parts Express and 2-way crossovers from Amazon. After attaching the 3 sets of leads to the crossovers, I Gorilla glued them into the cabs, but this morning after the glue cured, I thought I better check if I put them in the way of the woofer and yep, I did. Don't know what I was thinking. Could have been the Maker's Mark last night. So, I carefully pryed them out hoping not to damage them. Then I tested them and sure enough, one didn't work. Maybe it was already bad, becuase I didn't test them beforehand. I definitly should have. So I went on Amazon and bought another pair, even though I only needed one. I finished one and it sounds great.
Here is the link to the crossovers. This is the 3rd set of M7's that I have put these in. I am not an engineer, but these sound fantastic and an improvement over the (non) crossovers that Radio Snack put in them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016FBNNCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You might notice the slight ding in the tweeter dome. I compared them to the original RS tweeters and are still far better even with the ding. When I come accross new ones, I'll get them. I have had a search on for a couple years and they do not come up hardly ever. Miller & Kreisel 17500. In the meantime, these'll do.

Attachments

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I have been using the same soldering gun for over 45 years.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Those tweeters showed up on ebay over the weekend. I bought two pair. One set will go into these that I just put together and the other for an eventual future project. If anyone wants the set of M&K 17500's with slightly damaged domes, you can have them for the cost of mailing them. They sound actually good even though dinged up. I use Gorilla Glue to mount them, so that might need to be scraped off a bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis