Budget Subwoofer (Singapore) help

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LoL! Yes. I meant raise. I went from 40hz to 80Hz. Didn't feel / sound right. I made a typo as I'm sleep deprived at the moment. The other option I can select is 60Hz, so I can try that.
I'd try 100 and 120 as well....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
LoL! Yes. I meant raise. I went from 40hz to 80Hz. Didn't feel / sound right. I made a typo as I'm sleep deprived at the moment. The other option I can select is 60Hz, so I can try that.
Adding LFE to center and surrounds below 80hz requires some really capable speakers. I'd continue to go higher till you localize the sub then back it down. You typically want to go at least a half an octave above the speakers F3 (sealed vs ported makes a difference how much).

Im at 120hz on center and surrounds and in my two channel system I finally settled on 60hz and those speakers have an in room F3 around 20hz (don't always use subs though, depends on how close I'm sitting, type of music, and how loud I want to play them)

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
Quick update:
I found 60Hz crossover for my L/R mains to be the sweet spot. I haven't played around yet with the center and surrounds. I'll give it go this weekend.

I also tried the 16hz tune (one port plugged), and it seemed to take out some "boom". It was subtle, but I think I like that sound profile.

I also got some noise isolation feet too. Should I re-run Audyssey or not worth the time?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Quick update:
I found 60Hz crossover for my L/R mains to be the sweet spot. I haven't played around yet with the center and surrounds. I'll give it go this weekend.

I also tried the 16hz tune (one port plugged), and it seemed to take out some "boom". It was subtle, but I think I like that sound profile.

I also got some noise isolation feet too. Should I re-run Audyssey or not worth the time?
Technically yes, but it probably won't make too much of a difference unless the sub has moved.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis