Broken Remote Control Help

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks TLS Guy - We will try this - I asked him to bring a switch too.
That is the problem we are all bumbling around in the dark.
From what BMXTRIX says, and he worked in these type of screen, and I have not, it looks like the motor is an AC type with forward and reverse windings. So using a flip/flop switch to power the up or down wiring set would do the trick.

B

Bunzmon

Enthusiast
That is the problem we are all bumbling around in the dark.
From what BMXTRIX says, and he worked in these type of screen, and I have not, it looks like the motor is an AC type with forward and reverse windings. So using a flip/flop switch to power the up or down wiring set would do the trick.
I agree TLS Guy - I wish I had more information on this screen to help. I bought it used and with the company going out of business and no model number it's tough to find anything. I agree I think this switch will help.

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks Highfigh - I ask him to bring the scope too - Makes sense on the RF learning remote
You won't see RF codes for learning on a scope, it's to see the duration of the pulses and if it drops out for some reason when you expect it to be constant- meters don't always react quickly enough.

highfigh

highfigh

This is a motor without the original controller, at this point. Find the motor, get a photo of the label, post it. It will show AC or DC operation, voltage and might even have a diagram for the wire colors. If it shows this, finding a way to operate it shouldn't be too difficult. An RF keyless entry module could be used, but it will require a DC power supply and some relays. No big deal. If it doesn't have a way to control the duration of contact closure, a timer circuit can be used. Again, no big deal. Control modules are widely available in automation and they're not necessarily expensive but we know so little about this screen that it's difficult to know what is needed.

Screens aren't rocket surgery.

If we knew the motor's brand/model/specs, a control module could probably be purchased from a manufacturer of screens. If that proves to be excessively costly, a wall-mounted switch is the easy way- momentary contact, press and hold until it's in the desired position. Done.

FWIW- some screens require a switch with more contacts because the polarity reversal happens at the switch. This one has that internally, but I have seen this when I worked for a contractor that installed Bretford screens. Had to replace a motor because someone wired the switch incorrectly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis