"Breaking In Speakers"

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
I'm no techie so since it didn't cost any more I went with my dealers call.
For music (I've gotten into dvd-a and sacd big time, 300 discs) I have Totem Model 1's. &nbsp;Signatures in the front including a sig center and biwire-able but non sigs in the back.
I had a wall mounted surround fall and it needed a new wooffer. &nbsp;In fact the intial recommendation was to change both wooffers (which I think was the right call) but I just changed the broken one.
To make a long story longer &quot;from the dealer&quot; they spent 2 days doing something just to breakin the woofer. &nbsp;The speaker sounds great but at times I notice slight differences with the speaker that has the original woofer. &nbsp;At $250 for just the wooffer I think I'll live with it but they took the breakin part very seriously.

Peter m.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pam

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi

You need to break in speakers and receivers.

Your ear will probably evolve more in the first two weeks if having a new equipment than in the following 2 years! Especially if you have never heard that level of quality.

Your can also break in cables, interconnects. Also if you have a window that allow you to see outside, it will need a break in period (especially if someone wants to steal your equipment).

&nbsp;
&nbsp;
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>That makes twice I have laughed so hard I cried on this thread!
</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis