Brand New Wharfedale Diamond 225's For Sale!

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Folks, I have a brand new, factory sealed set of Blackwood Wharfedale Diamond 225's for sale. These have never been out of the box and are completely factory sealed. Bought these new several months ago from Crutchfield and never got around to setting them up. Asking ONLY $335 shipped! All serious offers will be considered. Absolutely no low ballers please. Serious inquiries only. If interested, then please send me a PM! Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

View attachment 29598

View attachment 29599

View attachment 29600

View attachment 29601

View attachment 29602

View attachment 29603

Cheers,

Phil
Phil how's it going?! No need for those Wharfedales? Hope all is well and is the music is treating you well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil how's it going?! No need for those Wharfedales? Hope all is well and is the music is treating you well.
Everything is well. Thanks for asking. Hope the very same for you. Always music playing here. Best way to decompress inmho. :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Cool man! Perhaps, many of us here were in the band. Did you happen to march as well? Just curious is all. That is an impressive list of guns. I am new to the hobby. Been around guns my entire life. Just never was too interested until here lately. A 9 mm will be my next gun purchase. Eventually, hoping to own a 357. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Yes. I was in the marching band as well. In order to play in symphonic orchestra and jazz band it was required. I enjoyed them all. Went on to play in some jazz bands while overseas for a few years. As for guns, i really enjoy shooting the 9mm round, easy on the hands compared to the .45 in a smaller frame. Still plan on another .45 in a 1911 frame, not sure which one yet . Wow, 15 years? I need to get more posty.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. I was in the marching band as well. In order to play in symphonic orchestra and jazz band it was required. I enjoyed them all. Went on to play in some jazz bands while overseas for a few years. As for guns, i really enjoy shooting the 9mm round, easy on the hands compared to the .45 in a smaller frame. Still plan on another .45 in a 1911 frame, not sure which one yet . Wow, 15 years? I need to get more posty.
Great! Marching band gave me some of the best memories. We were not an overly large group. Had about 150 or so on the field. But, we were very good. Those certainly were the days. I still follow and support it today. Once in your blood it seems to linger.....LOL!!!

Yeah, shooting my older Bro's 9 mm made me want one badly. He has another one that has a laser on it. That is pretty cool. He also has a small 380 that has a bit more recoil than his 9 mm. It is also heavier. Found that to be a bit odd. But, I am kinda new to the gun hobby. Have lots to learn. Sounds like you are a bit more seasoned than me when it comes to guns. :)

Cheers,

Phil

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Yeah, shooting my older Bro's 9 mm made me want one badly. He has another one that has a laser on it. That is pretty cool. He also has a small 380 that has a bit more recoil than his 9 mm. It is also heavier. Found that to be a bit odd. But, I am kinda new to the gun hobby. Have lots to learn. Sounds like you are a bit more seasoned than me when it comes to guns. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Small framed pistols always seem to have a little more kick, and the .380 round is a little snappy for its size.

I also have a S&W .357 686 Combat 8 3/8 full lug. I used it for steel target competions. Thing about the .357 is that you can practice with .38 rounds for a whole lot less and still run some .357 to retain your skills shooting the heavier rounds.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Small framed pistols always seem to have a little more kick, and the .380 round is a little snappy for its size.

I also have a S&W .357 686 Combat 8 3/8 full lug. I used it for steel target competions. Thing about the .357 is that you can practice with .38 rounds for a whole lot less and still run some .357 to retain your skills shooting the heavier rounds.
I did not know you could use .38 rounds in a .357. My older Bro has never mentioned that one to me. Thanks for the info. The kick of that little Davis 380 surprised me a bit. Not to mention the heaviness of it as well. You have any experience with using the lasers? I was taken back by it. BTW, the .357 has more distance than that of the 380. Does that also mean more accuracy? Like I said, I am kinda new to the gun thing.

Cheers,

Phil

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Lasers are good from a point and shoot perspective as well as a training aid. It really shows you just how much a very slight change make or break a shot. I run a Crimson Trace CMR-206 Railmaster on my Xdm full size.

As for the caliber and accuracy, barrel length, sights and build quality affect accuracy more so than caliber. That being said, a larger caliber is more weight and most often a hotter load so it can also make a difference depending upon distance. From 1 to maybe 10 meters accuracy is about the same for a .380, 9mm, .45, .357. Etc.. at those distances i feel caliber has a bigger impact. Pun intended

Handloading your rounds tailored to your weapon of choice is where the accuracy and consistency really comes inti play. Talk about rabbit holes with subwoofers, it gets as bad or worse when running long guns for long range shooting. Having to meter out powder by grain weight, shaving brass, cleaning, running a chronograph to accurately measure velocity of each round. It gets addictive and expensive.

Last edited:
nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I meant to add.

Yes, .38 rounds thru a .357 are so much less expensive. Back in the day, maybe early 90's, my roommate and I would take 2 dozen handguns into the woods. Ranging in calibers from .22, 22LR, .380, 38 Super, .38, .357, .44 and .45. We would run thru brocks of .22, a couple thousand rounds, several hundred rounds of .38 wadcutters and a hundred rounds or so of the rest. A full day shooting. Once a guy was out there with us sighting in his .460 Weatherby Magnum. We ended up cutting a standing railroad tie in half. That thing was a cannon

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I meant to add.

Yes, .38 rounds thru a .357 are so much less exoensuve. Back in the day, maybe early 90's, my roommate and I eould take 2 dozen handguns into the woords. Ranging in calibers from .22, 22LR, .380, 38 Super, .38, .357, .44 and .45. We would run thru brocks of .22, a couple thiusand rounds, several hundred rounds of .38 wadcutters and a hundred rounds or so of the rest. A full day shooting. Once a guy was out there with us sighting in his .460 Weatherby Magnum. We ended up cutting a standing railroad tie in half. That thing was a cannon
Couple thousand of rounds---WOW! That had to be fun. Nothing wrong w/that inmho. Thanks for all of the info. Plan on learning all that I can. No need to borrow trouble. Have enough of that on my own to deal with.....LOL!!! Anyways, thanks once again! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it looks like my prospective buyer has bowed out. Have not heard anything after he confirmed to me (2)-days ago that he wanted my 225's. That being said, they are back up for sale, No more holds! First come first serve. Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Still available! Need to move out of my way. ALL reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis