TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
2.2.2.1 Analog Sunset – 2010.
With the exception of Existing Models, any Licensed Player manufactured after December 31, 2010 shall limit analog video outputs for Decrypted AACS Content to SD Interlace Modes only. Existing Models may be manufactured and sold by Adopter up until December 31, 2011.

Before you purchase read this carefully and understand what it means.

Welcome to the increasingly aggressive realm of DRM.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
2.2.2.1 Analog Sunset – 2010.
With the exception of Existing Models, any Licensed Player manufactured after December 31, 2010 shall limit analog video outputs for Decrypted AACS Content to SD Interlace Modes only. Existing Models may be manufactured and sold by Adopter up until December 31, 2011.

Before you purchase read this carefully and understand what it means.

Welcome to the increasingly aggressive realm of DRM.
Thanks for pointing that out. It's always useful to repeat that for all of us who aren't paying attention.

It doesn't impact me in this case because my TV does have HDMI inputs. It's my AV receiver that has no HDMI inputs for audio. I can easily see that its only a matter of time before the analog audio outputs also disappear from Blue Ray players. That is what motivated me to finally look for a BR player now.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Thanks for pointing that out. It's always useful to repeat that for all of us who aren't paying attention.

It doesn't impact me in this case because my TV does have HDMI inputs. It's my AV receiver that has no HDMI inputs for audio. I can easily see that its only a matter of time before the analog audio outputs also disappear from Blue Ray players. That is what motivated me to finally look for a BR player now.
You might get into latency issues and have the video and audio out of synch.

Also I understand some BD discs will only send a two channel mix down to the analog audio outs, and this is legal now. Current BD players detect this flag, but I understand few if any discs have the flag now. The multichannel analog audio outs are disappearing fast.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There should be no latency with analog outs. I've had 3 players via analog in the last 6-7 years and never had that issue via analog.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

There should be no latency with analog outs. I've had 3 players via analog in the last 6-7 years and never had that issue via analog.
If it occurs, the latency is likely to be on the picture, so the voice would get ahead of the picture. Depending on set up and equipment, some are bound to end up with an issue, as there is no formal synchronization of voice and video with TV via HDMI and audio via analog with conversion in the player. So it has to come down to blind luck.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Since BMXTRIX recommended it and Swerd bought it and my DMP BD60 died I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 also. The manual is kinda bare bones. I was wondering what the xo point was when setting the speakers to small. :confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Since BMXTRIX recommended it and Swerd bought it and my DMP BD60 died I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 also. The manual is kinda bare bones. I was wondering what the xo point was when setting the speakers to small. :confused:
Congrats on the new player! I couldn't find that information, either.

You could always use a set of frequency steps to see where that crossover is. There are several available on the web, and here's one that goes from 10-200 Hz with a voice over stating the frequency.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Since BMXTRIX recommended it and Swerd bought it…
The only thing I can say so far about the Panasonic is that it's nice how the price came down some $85. When I first thought I might get one, it was about $330 and now, it's about $245.

Since getting it, I've been very busy on the weekends (stuff involving routers, speaker cabinets, and crossover boards). It still is in the box. I'll have to find a BR disc to rent or buy to get me to hook it up and use it :).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis